Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,254   Online: 822
      
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    Hexavalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    539
    Blog Entries
    3
    Here's a thought: Chia seeds, the same used on the Chi-pets.. Chiatypes.. you heard it hear first!
    - Ian

  2. #12
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,418
    Images
    2

  3. #13
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,303
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    434
    The Chiatype would have to be a contact print, left to "expose" for weeks. And then it would be a three-d rendering of the image- the seeds would sprout and grow tallest/most vibrant where the negative allowed in the most sunlight. Probably work best with a massive halftone matrix.

  4. #14
    Hexavalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    539
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post

    Dang!

    Okay then, where's the colour version? Lawnochrome, Turfachrome...
    - Ian

  5. #15
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,418
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The Chiatype would have to be a contact print, left to "expose" for weeks. And then it would be a three-d rendering of the image- the seeds would sprout and grow tallest/most vibrant where the negative allowed in the most sunlight. Probably work best with a massive halftone matrix.
    Well, not if you sprinkled them over a wet pigmentless carbon print, eh? Though you're right... no continuous tone. And instead of pigment, maybe you'll need some DIRT in there.

    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

  6. #16
    TheFlyingCamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Washington DC
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    8,303
    Blog Entries
    51
    Images
    434
    If you used bluegrass you could get a cyanotype

  7. #17
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,418
    Images
    2
    We need 3 flowers; one for red, green and blue. Then, we plant them according to the photograph and using additive synthesis we'll get a color photograph the size of a field!

    Hmmm... there's got to be a better way.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

  8. #18
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Humboldt Co.
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    4,631
    Images
    40
    I had a batch of pigmented gelatin too long in the fridge for making some carbon tissue -- it was starting to get a little ripe, but I went ahead, poured the tissues and made prints.

    I can honestly say the prints stank...
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

  9. #19
    holmburgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Rochester NY (native KS)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,418
    Images
    2
    At least they didn't suck.

    (by the way, how long is too long? I've got gel in the box too...)

  10. #20
    Vaughn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Humboldt Co.
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    4,631
    Images
    40
    Well, the prints stank, but hopefully the images did not suck!

    About a week. It will depend on how many mold spores one had floating around (lots here in dampish Humboldt County!!) and how clean one's working area and glassware are.

    A bit of Listerine (Thimol) might keep the mold at bay.

    Once I pour the tissues, I have to keep a fan on them until the top surface dries enough to fend off mold.

    I have been adding about 5 to 10 ml of straight rubbing alcohol to the glop when mixing it (to help reduce air bubbles) -- might be helping a little to fight mold for the 6 to 8 hours I have it standing in a 105F water bath before pouring. I can usually still smell a little of the alcohol when I pour the tissues.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin