Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,616   Online: 736

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    The Chiatype would have to be a contact print, left to "expose" for weeks. And then it would be a three-d rendering of the image- the seeds would sprout and grow tallest/most vibrant where the negative allowed in the most sunlight. Probably work best with a massive halftone matrix.
    Lawnmower and fertilizer to dodge and burn
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think we're getting somehwere.....

NOT!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masson%27s_trichrome

Due to different properties in the various types of tissues and what they absorb, a specimen can be soaked in subsequent dye-baths and come out with individual parts dyed different colors.

Histological stains are really the study of what stains what.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6...e_silver_stain

Imagine some scheme where the 3 separations of a color photograph can be combined into a medium, but with each separation composed of a different material. Like, a protein, a fungus and a carbohydrate (for instance... I don't really know what I'm talking about). Soak this in 3 dye-baths and each layer would come out a different color.

Maybe accurate color is a bit too much to ask for, but it's something to think on... if you like thinking about this kind of stuff.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think a biochemical reaction, as in a leaf print, is a lot easier to pull off than using microorganisms. I'm no longer practicing as a microbiologist, but it seems like it would be tricky to sufficiently control microbial growth to create intermediate tones. It would be a challenge to do a controlled photo-mechanical application of a suitable growth medium/food source to a substrate and culture your bug. There are also some diffusion problems that you'd need to work out because the inevitable spread of the nutrients and the bugs, but everything could probably be worked out. Maybe a first inkjet pass of the nutrient/growth medium and a second pass with the bugs? Could you even squirt the media through an inkjet? Would the bugs survive? Maybe you'd have to coarsely spray them on? Some kind of non-absorbent substrate (polystyrene?). Sounds like a good project for someone with lots of time and money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Barry,

To me, the easiest and cheapest way would be to put some kind of nutrient source in gelatin, maybe yeast?, and then make a typical carbon print out of it, sans pigment. That way, if mold or whatever took hold, it would be guaranteed to be confined to the image bearing portions. Whether or not there would be continuous tone is yet to be determined.

In theory, since the gelatin relief would hold nutrients proportional to its thickness, thinner parts would have less growth and hopefully be more transparent than the shadows, which would be nutrient rich.

Any insight on some colorful mold or fungi?

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not take your negative, use it to make a silk screen, then use the silk screen to lay down some food for the bacteria like jello, or something similar on a surface. Your biggest problem would probably be getting the bacteria to propagate fast enough to cover the entire image before dieing off. It would be monochromatic, but it would be an image.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would definitely work as well!

After the mold/organism/whatever has made the image, we could entomb them in gelatin or some kind of varnish.

I'm really curious about what nutrients will attract what organisms, and then the characteristics of each organism, like their color, or growth pattern.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I had been mailed a biologist to help me grow bone tissue from a death man to fill the mold and use as a most natural sounding turntable tonearm.

Biologist produce human tissue to replace war burned tissues of the soldiers and they use inkjet printers.

May be you can buy living brain tissue of a deathman with bribing autopsy doctor and grow your own digital camera processor out of brain cells.

I thinked also producing 100 kilograms of brain cells and educate them with electric signals and solve p np problem for me.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mind = blown.

I had the idea of taking a dead animal's eye and making a lens out of it. Focus using electrodes on the right muscles... does this make me a bad person?

Hey, afterall, we couldn't have film without animals! (gelatin)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

You can make this eye artifically with using rhodopsin cells as the eyes light sensor. Google rhodopsin and it is the fastest computer processor and giant memory made from salt hot water purple colored microorganism.

Russians use these fast processors to analysis the radar signals for fast response since 50s.

Rochester University students made a huge block out of it and write information inside with double crossed beams. Its somewhere in the google.

Basically it is the fastest semiconductor known but requires special heat to keep it live.

Rumors says F22 Radar made with this technology.

Umut

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin