Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,045   Online: 1255

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    ...all about printing over and over.
    One of the best part is it's "cheap as chips".

Take good notes and if you're in Ventura, California - take Jim Fitzgerald's workshop (shameless plug for a satisfied student).
    “I drank what?” - Socrates

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ah, I love shameless plugs! The cheap part is a bonus. What is not to like?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not making my own tissue right now, bought it from Bostick & Sullivan. I think when I run out of the two tubes that I have I will try to make my own because I've been told by others that you can make the tissue thicker or with different colors. The thing is that at this point I want to keep it simple and build from that. Good point about the notes, I should be more organize about my times etc...I think what I would do is to keep notes for every print I do. You guys are very inspirational. Here is one of my 4x5. View of roofs from another roof in Barcelona, taken two months ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled_Panorama1b.jpg  
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now that's a view to behold! I'd be up there all day long taking pictures, are there more of these? You picked up carbon quickly and on your own, that's the way I did at first, after a workshop or two I expanded enough to get a more complete handle on it but at the same time the Internet is a great place to connect with some of the few people who actually make carbon prints. The interesting thing about carbon printing is that it seems more like printmaking than silver printing to me. It's hard to define but the process is very satisfying in a personal way. Carbon is slower and in a way more relaxing.

You have a lot of tissue to use before you will run out and then the fun begins all over again. It's interesting how some, like myself, proclaim that they will never make their own tissue only to suddenly decide to give it a try and then find out it's not that hard and is another part of the process that's relaxing and satisfying.

I like the composition of this photo, what film did you use there? Nice printing Jaime.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Curt, that was Efke100, I also have few more with Delta100 from the same roof, my primary location when I go to Barcelona, it is the deal when traveling with little ones. The process is really relaxing, I sometimes forget what negative I am printing towards the end of the process!
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jaime, you are getting a handle on it. You won't forget what negative you are printing if you take good notes! I tell my students all the time to do this. When you sell your first carbon print and have to make another one of the same image you will understand why I say this. This is one of the reasons I prefer to use my own lay down tissue. Looking at my notes and formulas I can get pretty darn close to my original print if one sells. Unless "the cycles of the Moon" happen. I'll let you figure this one out. Comes with more and more experience as a carbon printer. Keep it up it is a very relaxing process.

Yes, the hair pulling tends to ease up once you nail the process. Then the hair pulling begins again once until you nail "your" process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin