Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,828   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Wet Plate Collodion

I posted my first two successful ambrotypes in the experimental gallery, if you wanna check them out.

Kerik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great images Kerik. I'm waiting on my darkroom box. When it arrives, We will have to head out into the field.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where did you get the back for the Masterview? I have been thinking about doing some wetplate work myself.

By the way, nice work!
    Last edited by livemoa; 09-08-2004 at 12:00 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: hit submit to soon
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by livemoa
    Where did you get the back for the Masterview? I have been thinking about doing some wetplate work myself.

By the way, nice work!
    Thank you. I gotta say, this is really fun and I'm excited to really put it to use.

I did not get a wetplate back for the Masterview. Instead, I converted an 8x10 film holder to hold plates. I posted 2 images of it in the technical gallery (darkslides removed, of course). It's really simple. Cut out an opening to whatever plate size you want with a jig saw and a steady hand. File and sand the rough edges. I then cut out 4 triangles from the piece of aluminum that I cut from the holder and epoxied one at each corner of the opening to support the plate. To hold the plate in place I use a spring from a Nielsen frame between the backside of the plate and the darkslide. So far this is working great and much easier than building an entire wet plate back. I did have a wet plate back made for my old 11x14 Korona, but I have not used it yet. Still getting my chops together with the smaller size before I move up. I am itching to make 11x14 one-of-a-kind tintypes and ambrotypes in the field...

Best,
    Kerik

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Kerik:

How are you making the scans of the ambrotypes that you are posting?

Ray Bidegain

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bidegain
    Kerik:

How are you making the scans of the ambrotypes that you are posting?

Ray Bidegain
    Ray,

Just using my flatbed scanner. These ambros were done on very dark ruby glass and I scan them just like a print. Works pretty well...

Kerik

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin