Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,775   Online: 963

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Shaz ,

I had been posted Kodak Research Lab and Eastman House index at APUG.

look at here :http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...-attached.html

6270-81-1
    Chemical Name: ORTHOCHROME T
    Synonyms: ORTHOCHROME T;quinolinium,1-ethyl-2-[(1-ethyl-6-methyl-4(1h)-quinolinylidene)methyl]-6-methy

Chem Art : 155479
    Chemical Name : Orthochrome T
    Common Name : Orthochrome T
    CAS No. : 6270-81-1

Address Chemos GmbH
    Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 3
    D-93128 Regenstauf, Germany

Phone +49-9402-9336 0
    Fax +49-9402-933 613

www.chemos-group.com

APPLICATION :

The Optical Sensitizing of Silver Halide Emulsions. I. The Adsorption of Orthochrome T to Silver Bromide
    First PageHi-Res PDF[460 KB]S. E. Sheppard, H. Crouch
    J. Phys. Chem., 1928, 32 (5), pp 751–762
    DOI: 10.1021/j150287a007
    Publication Date: January 1928

Part I. The Adsorption of Orthochrome T to Silver Bromide. BY S. E. SHEPPARD AND H. CROUCH. Communication So. 337 from the Kodak Research Laboratories

Umut

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Umut,

Have you buy Orthochrome T ?
    And have you buy "vert solide nouveau 3B" ?

Shaz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    PE, do you ever hunt eBay or lab closeouts for cheap(er) dyes that might be suitable for sensitizing? If you were to make a comprehensive list of useful & practical sensitizers, about how long would it be??

Shaz, I'd love to hear Mssr. Lumiere's method. What is Orthochrome T though? A dye?
    The list is about 15 names long. Orthochrome T is probably not on it as it is NOT a very good sensitizing dye.

It seems to me that I posted the list of available Kodak dyes here on APUG back a while ago, upon just such requests. I'll repost it here for you all. The top set is best and the bottom set is quite marginal but they work. They are a lot less expensive.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sensitizing dyes.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks PE, that's great, sorry to make you repost it.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    I am sorry for you PE, but Orthochrome T is on the list. Perhaps you want a scan from the Lavédrine Book.
    In your list, i don't see the "vert solide nouveau 3B", it's in the list.
    If you don't use the same dyes like Louis Lumière then it will be a PEpanchromatic emulsion and not the Louis Lumière panchromatic emulsion. . And Louis Lumière was one of the best in his time for the panchromatic emulsion.

Where can i see on the Eastman organic chemical website the page where you can buy Orthochrome T please ?
    I don't find it.

Shaz
    Last edited by shaz; 03-30-2011 at 02:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acridine Orange: 350139860138, 140304815302
    Congo Red: 230519851416
    Eosin Y: 230519851517
    Rhodamine: 280408148225

So these are just a handful of "quick & dirty" eBay searches. Careful searching, and going through the "Business, Office & Industrial > Medical/ Lab Equipment > Lab Supplies > Chemicals" chain of categories will, over time, yield results. I guarantee it!

I remember seeing a huge jar of congo red once. And the key with dyes is finding the colloquial name, or searching by title & description, or sometimes you might even have to go into the auction and look at a picture to identify it. Truth is, the sellers have no idea what they have or how to market it best.

edit: Shaz is right, it is on the list
    Last edited by holmburgers; 03-30-2011 at 03:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    PE ,

If you want , I can send you subject book but I know you are busy on your projects. May be you print bw and look at the future . Only an offer .

Shaz ,

You dont need Kodak. They will never sell you small quantities. Look at chemos.de and there it is. No I did not buy anything film related chemical except film for last 10 years.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

If you have no CAS number , searching for dyes is a killer. Its not easy to communicate with Shaz. I saw the book , it is impossible to elect the correct chemical from book descritions. I think its weary to tell this to beginner. After banging his head to concrete for next 3 months , he will understand to look my post.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go easy on Shaz, Umut...

Here is Orthochrome T for sale, but not for normal citizens I think. http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/...0&QS=ON&F=SPEC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The dyes in the second list are very poor sensitizers and that is my only point. Eastman organics is now part of Tennessee Eastman and no longer list those dyes. That came from one of the last catalogs published.

PE

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin