Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,930   Online: 994

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I know that it will be a long way...perhaps today i am like this ------> but i know that tomorrow i will be like this------> .

I have again a lot of phone numbers...and i will keep on searching.

Anyway, i will make the first experiences with the latex ADS if i don't find crepe for the moment.

You're right, chin up . Tomorrow i phone to other enterprises.

Shaz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, at least you have an excellent attitude!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes i'm not discouraged, today a photograph (the same who got panchromatic emulsion) who allready try to make Autochrome tell me about a varnish for the second varnish. He said to try a varnish for picture board, the name is :

special fine varnish for picture board from "Sennelier" .

Inside there is damar gum, ethyle acetate...but something replace the 2 others...i don't have again translate in english

Thank you for your support Holmburgers

Shaz

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,

I have one question taday :
    Do you know how is made "Rubber Cement" exactly ?
    Perhaps someone on the forum use this glue and can tell me if it is perfectly tranparent and the composition.
    I saw on internet that it is made with pure latex and toluene. Is there some other product in it ?

Thank you in advance.

Shaz
    Last edited by shaz; 03-18-2011 at 03:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_cement

It's really smelly (huffably so), it's really tacky and we used it all the time in grade school. It is quite transparent.

Here are some pictures.... http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-pho...ber-cement.php
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/breadofwonder/491930879/

update: Be advised... "Rubber cement is not considered an archivally sound adhesive and will cause deterioration of photographs and papers over time, a danger associated with many other common adhesives."

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello holmburgers,

Perhaps, if you have this glue, you could tell me the composition. In Wikipedia they that it is made with pure latex and toluene. Can we believe what is write ? Perhaps it is different in the industrie ?
    If there is only pure latex and toluene, perhaps i will just have to put the "resene" for make the first varnish.

Where do you found :
    update: Be advised... "Rubber cement is not considered an archivally sound adhesive and will cause deterioration of photographs and papers over time, a danger associated with many other common adhesives."

Thank you for your help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I wish you the best of luck and support your efforts. The Autochrome process cannot be too much more difficult Daguerreotype or Wetplate...I hope. I always wanted to look into it, but could find no one that had replicated the process. Maybe you'll be the first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shaz, the last line is in the wikipedia article. I dont' have any rubber cement unfortunately, and I don't think that the ingredients will be included on the label because they're not food (only foods need to disclose ingredients in the US... but maybe there is an MSDS somehwere?)

update: This might help? http://www.elmers.com/msds/me904.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh sorry holmburgers, it's all in english and it's hard for me to read all the article .

If i can't have the ingredient, then i will make some try.
    Thank you for the last link. I will try to read all that i can "understand" .

One more time, thank you for all your help.

Shaz
    Last edited by shaz; 03-18-2011 at 04:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello goamules,

I didn't have see your message. Thank you for your support too.
    For the moment i try to make it like a puzzle. I don't know if it is a good idea...but i have to save up my money because i know that for sort out and dying the patatoe strach it will cost a lot. And no industrie can propose me an alternative.

Autochrome is really hard to reproduce if you want to make like the Lumières. Today i've read on the Lavédrine book the exercice book of Louis Lumiere and i can tell you that it reserve a lot of surprise. That's why i understand now that i have to found help from the industrie.

I found on this forum fantastic persons like holmburgers always ready to help me.

Shaz
    Last edited by shaz; 03-18-2011 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin