Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,649   Posts: 1,481,287   Online: 738

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alternative Copper Chloride Bleach?

Hello, I just started experimenting around with alternative color processing, my question is whether I am making an effective Copper Chloride bleach by employing the electrolysis of a salt solution with copper anodes/cathodes (which I do outdoors) and then filter the copper oxide precipitate. Does the solution contain enough copper chloride to do the trick? Also can this be combined to make a Blix or should I keep it separate?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The copper based bleaches I have seen have never been combined with the fixer to make a blix.

I have a formula at home for a copper bleach, that I have yet to trial. I think it called for copper suphate? I do recall the easiest source was in tree root killer at the hardware store.

The best options I find for researching this subject are mid 70's or older BJP annuals, as well as a book called 'Developing' by Jacobsen.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks mike! will stop by the library & hardware store today

Shooter
    Multi Format
    will try 100g/100g copper sulphate/salt 10cl h20 (generic root out product 99% copper sulphate) recommended time 10 min. my co-worker keeps on asking me why I want to try this when we should just go for bleach-bypass. I want to try it out since I was told it'll give some wicked faded colors that would fit the era were shooting for (1890s)
    thanks again for the help!
    extinction meters tend to be more accurate if you substitute your morning oj for carrot juice.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin