Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,779   Online: 713

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bromoil paper and Foma supply issues

I'm trying to find a suitable paper for bromoil, but everything mentioned in the books I have has gone the way of the Dodo, except for Fomabrom Variant IV (123.) I tried finding that one but it seems to be having supply issues from the manufacturer.

What are people using these days? Is there anything not mentioned in Gene Laughter's book (sixth edition) or Bromoil - A Foundation Course by Derek Watkins?

Thanks for your help! Digitaltruth is awaiting my reply for a substitution :-)

Chris
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use Slavich Unibrom Matt Grade 2 - works like a charm.
    Here is a link (Availbable at Freestyle Photo): http://www.freestylephoto.biz/461282...ets?cat_id=504

regards,

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy it from two vendors: Macodirect & Fomafoto.

www.fomafoto.no
    www.macodirect.de

If one is out of stock, the other always have it. Its wonderful for bromoil. All my bromoils on my webpage www.tmax100.com is made on Foma paper. 90% on Fomabrom IV123 and some on V112

EH

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I always use Foma liquid emulsion: as it is totally uncoated paper you get, it is the perfect medium! Looks different though... and the bromoil bleach is slightly different (but same materials).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavich Unibrom is no longer being imported to the US, at least not by freestlye.

It's a pity, I love that paper.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Brien View Post
    Slavich Unibrom is no longer being imported to the US, at least not by freestlye.

It's a pity, I love that paper.
    Available here:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...flections.html
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No one ever seems to mention David Lewis' Bromoil paper. It's well priced, and tailor-made for the process.

http://www.bromoil.com/products-supplies.html

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    No one ever seems to mention David Lewis' Bromoil paper. It's well priced, and tailor-made for the process.

http://www.bromoil.com/products-supplies.html
    didn't know of him, Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bromoil Art papers

Hi. In my journey with the Bromoil, oil Pigmenting process I have a question re the paper. Watching Norman Gryspeerdt on youtube, I gathered the impression that you can use art paper (as opposed to photographic paper), apply gelatin dilutions, and emulsion and then expose that..then process that. Most of the discussion of bromoil is always about bromoil friendly papers (photographic papers). I am wondering if I have gotten it all wrong.

I (and please dont laugh)..was intending to experiment with different papers (art papers.like water colour papers) coating them with gelatin solution then applying the sensitiser....then processing as per bromoil processes outlined everywhere.

But the discussion on paper always seems to be photographic paper...or photographic art paper.

So do I have it wrong re the paper.............some of the disussion is so old here that links are non ........well just not there.
    I followed a David Lewis link..re paper..but the site is not giving any info. i realise that some of these guys are old as now......and maybe not working anymore OR making the things / products mentioned in the discussion.

My interest is Bromoil and Oil Pigment.

I have chemicals for the bleach......and making negatives and ready to go...bit wondering re paper......and just not rich enough to experiment willy nilly.........

Would love some clarification.

Love Bromoil, Love Oil Pigment. I think it suits my style as it develops.
    really keen to make contact with others working in this area......

hope to hear from someone.

Graham Hughes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

David Lewis Paper

Apologies... found the paper BUt my question above still stands........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin