Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,715   Online: 1011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rhea -
    I've had good success lith printing with Slavich Unibrom at large sizes, but the times in developer are extremely long, so I would use the bleach and redevelop method. I also really like the way the Fotokemika papers respond, but they are inconsistent so I would avoid them in your time situation. The one time I tried Oriental it didn't do much of anything, but I must admit it was not a new box by any stretch of the imagination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If a similar size paper, one piece from your batch of 11x14 and the other from your batch of 20x24, react differently to the same exposure and the same chemistry, temperature, everything - then you can confidently conclude that the two papers are different.

Oriental seems to have gone through many changes with inconsistent results responding to lith. Even papers that respond very well batch to batch, for standard printing with standard chemistry, may be inconsistent batch to batch when lith printing. This has happened to me numerous times, and is frustrating beyond belief.
    The most consistent paper out there for lith printing is Ilford Warmtone. You will need to tone it afterward probably, since it takes on a fairly unpleasant green cast. But batch to batch it pretty much works every time, which is why it's the only paper I use for lith printing, except for some old boxes of long gone emulsions that I know will work.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your project!

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    as Thomas B says, it seems pretty obvious you are dealing with two different papers which are labeled and sold as the same product. While it might not be to do with size, it could be that one size is newer stock than the other and so is a different formulation or paper altogether. I would get some Foma in the 20x24 size and forget trying to fix the paper that is not lithing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin