Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,383   Online: 731

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I mean that 11x14" pan film would be an obstacle. Yes, 4x5" is fine and I have a lot of it.

Where are you finding the x-ray dupe film? I'm searching for CSX but haven't come up with anything yet....

I recall a discussion about the white light and I think it is not panchromatic unfortunately.

Greybeard, this is great... you're helping me put this puzzle together!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try here: http://www.cxsonline.com/text/detail...ation=10011003

I notice that I quoted the price for 10x12 duplicating film, but mentioned 14x17 (it's a whopping $1.27 per sheet...)

There is an extensive thread on x-ray film over on the LF forum, but it is nearly all about using the film in-camera. At some point, I'm just going to have to get some to play with myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Solid!

Here's a pertinent thread, haven't even read through it myself though. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/8...dupe-film.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.cxsonline.com/text/detail...ation=10011003

http://www.mackiexray.com/

This might really be the ticket. It's so cheap and it's super high contrast, which I think might be a plus with a carbon-system. And apparently they send out free samples....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Take a look at this Kodak tech. sheet. It was written for dye transfer printers to switch from Pan Matrix film when printing from color negatives to a method of interpositives then separation negatives onto standard Matrix film. The only copy I could get was a poor photocopy, so I transcribed it into Word. Let me know if you find any typos so I can fix them.
    Attached Files
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wow. It's been a while since I've read anything that detailed on color separation. I sort of knew what was involved, but it's a shock to see it confirmed....

Thanks, Greg!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg, what a great find! Allow me to read up...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    I mean that 11x14" pan film would be an obstacle. Yes, 4x5" is fine and I have a lot of it.

Where are you finding the x-ray dupe film? I'm searching for CSX but haven't come up with anything yet....

I recall a discussion about the white light and I think it is not panchromatic unfortunately.

Greybeard, this is great... you're helping me put this puzzle together!
    I think I remember a discussion about the white light film as well, perhaps the same discussion.

What I recall is that the duplicating system systems are either "UV" or "White Light" systems, with the UV systems being more expensive and somehow "super-duper" for medical duplication. But they need a UV source to expose the film. I don't know if they're faster, or better controlled, or higher resolution, or all of those, or just more expensive with rest of the qualities being inside the users head.

The "white light" film is film that is sensitive to visible light, but as holmburgers says it isn't necessarily panchromatic. Nor is its spectral sensitivity linear in a way that would make it useful for making separations. Basically, the white light label implies "Not UV" to the radiology crowd.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Greg, what a great find! Allow me to read up...
    Did it answer questions you had? Since it advocates using T-Max 100 for the separation negative, it should take of that problem, but since the interpositive step recommends the now discontinued Tech Pan, I don't know what you could replace that with. Ilford Pan F is not available in 4x5 sheets. I see from Tech Pan's data sheet that it was a panchromatic film with extra red sensitivity. I think it was used here for its fine grain, not the spectral response past just plain panchromatic. So a suitable replacement shouldn't be too hard to find. You may find T-Max 100 fits the bill for both steps.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    Wow. It's been a while since I've read anything that detailed on color separation. I sort of knew what was involved, but it's a shock to see it confirmed....

Thanks, Greg!
    That's simple compared to CYMK seps with UCA, UCR, dot gain and trapping needed for offset litho... and then there is the screening issue
    - Ian

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin