Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,844   Online: 760

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Apologies for delayed reply, Evan - I've been holidaying on a remote Aegean island.
    Yes, I always rod coat. An area 210 x 260 mm requires ca. 1.7 cc of sensitizer (0.1 more than for Buxton), giving a specific coating volume of 31 cc/sq. meter.
    Tween is usually 0.2 to 0.4% final. I usually take 5 "passes" to absorb nearly all the sensitizer.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My order arrived late last week - this is quite a fine paper. The lighter weight will take a bit of getting used to. I typically double-coat my kallitypes but find that one tween'd coat is quite sufficient on this delightful paper. It takes Pd/Pt toning quite well, and 48-hour-old sensitized paper (not discernibly discolored) still comes out looking better than most other papers (but is clearly altered, as it no longer accepts Pd toning well).

Word of warning, though: the large sheets I ordered were randomly creased ~2" in from the edges due to poor packaging. Probably salvageable but disappointing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jorj View Post
    Word of warning, though: the large sheets I ordered were randomly creased ~2" in from the edges due to poor packaging. Probably salvageable but disappointing.
    A reply from Chris Bingham at Ruscombe Mill, who contacted me proactively after seeing my last post:
    Many thanks for your reply and comments. We will pad the paper in future.
    I'm looking forward to my next order to see how well that works. I continue to be impressed with Herschel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchased a package of Herschel a few weeks back. I was surprised at how quickly it arrived (France to NYC). I like this paper. The surface is toothy, but the image was smooth and rich. You can see my first print on it in my gallery, titled, Corinthian Eva. I have to break down my printing set up to move, but I hope to continue printing on this paper in the fall.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin