Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,780   Online: 884

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Help with Bergger BPFP 18 for albumen negative

Hello,
    I've just bought 10 meter of the Bergger BPFB 18 in order to enlarge copies of negative for albumen print.
    I'm trying to make very contrasty negative, i've tried already several formulas of developpers like the Agfa 22 suposly to be contrasty, but the result are still too flat for me.
    I don't want to buy developers as i had already lost lot of time getting use to some commercial product that have suddenly desapear, i need formulas.
    I know i have to do a lot of testing, what i'm doing so far, but i'm getting lost, until now the enlarged neg i obtein are more flat that my original...
    i know this film is not a contrasty one, but there must be a way to make it blow up !
    Does anyone doing alternative process is using the same film with excellent result ?
    Thanks a lot to share your experience

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pardon me for not answering your question, but you posted the same question in three different forums. It might be best to post in just one so you don't confuse us.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All formulas are in "The Darkroom Cookbook" Steve Anchell

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The problem with this film is the low contrast, and my experience with developing a high contrast does not improve the situation: increased overall density but without significant detachment from the lights and shadows. Another possible problem: this film has suspended production for nearly two years, if it is expired approximately one year the fog is assured. Ciao

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Try ABC Pyro diluted 1+1+1+7. If that doesn't give you enough contrast for albumen, nothing will.

Another method would be to bleach the negative and redevelop in a staining developer. Bleaching removes the silver image but doesn't affect the stain. Redevelopment, if taken to completion, forms the same amount of silver, plus new stain. Repeat as many times as necessary.
    Last edited by Vlad Soare; 04-19-2011 at 10:10 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin