Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,553   Online: 1161

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Crane's and a new italian paper for Pt/Pd printing

I just got off the phone with New York Central Art Supply and they have Crane's Cover back in stock. I'm on way to pick up a sheet and see how (if) it works. I'll post my results early next week. The same for Ruscombe Mills Hershell all linen paper which I ordered from France. Also, the word is that a new paper from Italy will be making its debut at Bostick and Sullivan any day now.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Cranes Direct had the 90ob cover stock listed as out of stock for several months. I wrote them a few weeks ago and they informed me that the 90lb cover had been discontinued and they hadn't gotten around to taking it off their web site. I just checked and now 90lb cover has been completely removed from Cranes Direct. I think it in truth has been indeed discontinued. You can still get some from Photographer's formulary but it needs to be treated with Oxalic Acid to work... and even then it doesn't work like it used to.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    if the paper from italy is from Talas I already tried it and would be less than compelled to purchase
    do have the the linen paper which I need to try out..
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The new paper from Italy is by Magnani and is called Revere Platinum. B&S should have it in stock soon. It comes in two weights. B&S sent me some samples of each and I found them to be very good papers for pt/pd.
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    According to NY Central, Crane's Cover is back in production at a new mill. They usually seem well informed. I assume their buyer is in the know. At least I hope so. All along they've been saying Crane predicted the paper to be available in the spring. But I'll ask further. I know when I called Crane's about 5 months ago they couldn't tell me anything at that time. I have a couple of large sheets of the "Pearl White" now and I'll hope to print on Monday.

Doug Schwab
    Brooklyn, NY

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin