Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,247   Online: 723

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Optical Slit as Chemical Sensitizer , Mimic the chemical spectrum , Answer to all Alt

Why do we like and use alt processes and what makes them attractive against to Inkjet or Laser Print ?

This question asked at Alt Processes List and many answers given. I think most important thing divides the alt from inkjet is the spectrums of different dyes and metals. Our German friend AgX gave me a good lesson , it is not important to mimic only RGB filters of Kodachrome but the spectrums of CMY dyes.

How We can create whatever We need as a chemistry physics spectrum of a dye without poisoning ourselves or breaking the bank.

I think answer given by Philips Researchers couple of years ago.

Solution , they make thousands of slits in front of white light. Slits geometry change with artificial muscle and you can create thousands of times more colors and original spectrums with changing them. But the project sinked without interest.
    Slits diffracts the white light and creates the colors.

Well , If I wanted to create only CMY of Kodachrome , I would be needed 3 slits , white light, positive CMY separations and a mechanism which open and shadows the
    slits at 24 fps. By this way , We can create a print on viewing glass.

How we will create the correct separations. MURA is a lens which consists multiple pinholes arranged on a geometric pattern.
    When the shutter opened , MURA records a image on film and film get scanned and computer processed with same geometric pattern and voila , you get the corrected , deciphered image.

My idea is to use RGB corrected R ,G , B slits on a geometric pattern and get a trichrome shot with single shutter advance.Than the computer does the hard part and separate the RGB images.

I think you get the point , CMY print can be recorded with interference on a holographic pattern , just a 2 Dimensional Hologram.

Platin prints are easier and can be reflected back from the 2D Hologram after taken by Platin Spectrum corrected slit MURA.

I need your wide perspective , what do you think about all ?

Best regards ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 05-26-2011 at 02:52 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am getting lost about half-way through I think... So this Philips research, basically they found a way to maniuplate a diffraction grating by electrical impulses? This is indeed fascinating! Recall this thread about diffraction color photography.. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum42/8...od-1900-a.html

So, the print on viewing glass would be dynamic, or rapidly changing to produce the necessary colors in sequence?

What I don't understand is this, "My idea is to use RGB corrected R ,G , B slits on a geometric pattern and get a trichrome shot with single shutter advance."

What is our recording medium? A holographic plate?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

No , normal film but the result is blurred. Computer creates the image from blurred image with deciphering the original pinhole or slits distrubuting shema on the transparent or cut film.

research MURA Array.

Yes it is active like a cinema player or passive like a hologram.
    Glass is semitransparent and you will see the image like an view camera or on a hologram.

Slits gives you whatever spectrum you want RGBCMY or what ever the color spectrum of the dye !

Did you get the point ?

By this way , you will not need to buy dye or color chemistry if you want.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see what you mean, and I do kinda know what the MURA is but I guess I don't understand the point of it. Wouldn't it just be easier to have normal camera separations, or does MURA encode spatial information as well?

Color pictures without dyes, by diffraction, is very appealing. The diffraction would be monochromatic though, wouldn't it? That would mean you are using very narrow-band colors. I don't know what the implication for that is though.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

No , it is not monochrome but any spectrum curve you want , if I am not wrong. It can be wide or narrow , it depends what kind of spectrum you want to see on hologram or screen.
    Any investor can create these machines and give you precut aluminum slits.
    If you want autochrome , you buy the slits for your MURA camera and for the Screen like you buy photoshop plug in.
    MURA is a very low f number lens and it can be used very fast , at the street or at a race circuit.
    You take the RGB with one shot altogether as a blur and very fast. If there is this fast option , We dont need to go back 120 years ago to trichrome slow photography.
    And the computer separate and print your 35 mm size or bigger positives.

And MURA has an advantage , its very easy to decide which distance will be sharp and which distance will have a bokeh. And its very easy to decide the characteristics of bokeh.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 05-26-2011 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds very cool. You're describing a brand new taking and display method, if I understand correctly.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

Yes , I do. I think You got my points. I thank you , You joined the discussion and now everything more clearer. Philips researchers were aiming to create any color on earth with slits. I had been forgotten this technology and when I was thinking how could I create any spectrum color I want , all flashed back.
    But as you see I think You and I only interested such things.

Now , its time to research slits and get the calculations to design them.

Your article is great , When I reach to an point , I will write an article also.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good

Are the slits very small, repeating lines that diffract the light? How do they manipulate them??

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No every slit is alone , single cut on a thin foil half sphere. They use artificial muscles - which mimic the real muscles - with high voltages to move the slits shapes. For a color tv , there are thousands of them with backlight. I tried to reach the pdf documents but internet explorer 8 makes me crazy. Live search they call it and every letter at alphapet gives a different search while writing , I am sure You know what I am talking about.
    Yes , I met with your tv project after 1 year at another tv project.
    Did you try to photograph a plasma tv , more powerful and higher the speed ,less vibration.
    I think I have to look to the website of Philips Research , there might be some traces after couple of years

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin