Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,719   Posts: 1,514,879   Online: 1004

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Reproducing Platin Print with Hologram

How can We copy our platin print exactly and cheaper , smarter ?

I think answer is hologram. We take our print and contact touch with transparent hologram unexposed plate , than point a laser beam on the hologram plate , laser crosses the transparent plate , hit to the platin print , reflect from the surface and reflected beam crosses with reference beam and voila , you have the exact copy of your platin print as it reflects the daylight in three dimension.

Than you send the hologram to india and they reproduce your holograms for few dollars each.

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Istanbul

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Be sure to post your results

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut doesn't do "results".. he is a 1 man think-tank!

I think it is very interesting, however, unless it is a 3-color hologram, I don't think it will be possible to produce it in black & white (ironic, right!). That's the frustrating thing about holograms, they will be 1 pure spectral color, unless multiple lasers are used.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris , Thank you ,

What do you mean with 3 color hologram ? I did never thinked 3 color hologram. This is single color hologram and it is also possible to create a grey objects hologram.
    My technology is widest used homemade hologram technology. If you search diy hologram at google , you will find tens , hundreds of similar sites saying this is possible.

The real problem , is it possible to see different reflectance of print with viewing from many angles.
    I read 6 dimensional hologram from mit , not using lasers but parallel strips of light breakers. But this is not very true also , interesting point , they use many single square lens dots for to view many holograms from different angles , right to left , top to down.
    They say this will be ready after 10 years from today and truly diffracts the light like there is the real objects and changing light sources there.

Question , is it possible to create a simple hologram from single light source and single hologram plate and get a diffracting metal surface of the platinum.

If the technology is not enough to simulate the real light , there is an advantage , artists can create the best possible print and we get the non changing , non need to critic with different views , lights hologram.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I admit I'm not expert on holography, but I've never seen a black & white hologram. It is not possible with 1 laser I think, because the diffraction pattern will necessarily be monochromatic. The color of a hologram might be able to change from red, to green, to blue for example, depending on the swelling of the gelatin, but it will be impossible to create white with 1 laser. White is the presence of all colors, so the only option will be with 3-color holography like Yves Gentet's Ultimate Holography.

Or am I wrong, can we make a black & white hologram?

However, the idea that the hologram will pick up the relief & subtlety of a platinum print is interesting.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I dont know it is possible but looks logical. If we can make a green objects hologram , we might be able to do the same for grey also. But if we needed 3 laser light , let it be.
    I think best way to leave the art to scientists , I had been contacted with hologram labs from Belarus to Canada to India , I sent 70 e mails to them and my impression is ;

hologram can be cheap
    and they can do whatever you imagined.

Sending one original to India by UPS costs 40 dollars or so ? Why hassle ?

Umut

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin