Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,485   Online: 926

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In lieu of starting a new thread, I hope no one minds if I just append my own recent carbon issues to this thread.

For my tissues, I used the emulsion side of some old RC paper (not fixed out, but long since fogged) and sensitized & exposed them within a week. My result; complete insolubility of the gelatin! It wouldn't transfer, and then after I got frustrated it wouldn't even wash off in hot water.

The smoking gun might be that this glop was kind of old (refrigerated) and has probably been heated up and re-refridged 3 times or so. I've heard that you shouldn't reheat glop too much, so could this be the cause?

Another thought was that by coating it on the emulsion side of RC paper, some hardeners inherent in the paper might've migrated to the goo?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The hardeners, but perhaps the silver? Does not Carbro printing use the silver of the image to harden the tissue in the presence of the dichromate (instead of UV light)?

How did you store the sensitized tissues for a week? Unless frozen, sensitized tissue will spontaneously harden well within a weeks time.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, the sensitization happened the day before exposure, and a dye-imbibition matrix sensitized at the same time etched perfectly.

It's interesting what you say about the carbro reaction... that requires a bleach formula, but I suppose there could be something going on with just the dichromate.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin