Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,793   Online: 821

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920212223 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris;

I hope you realize how difficult it will be to ship chemicals outside of the US. Especially these compounds.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I was hoping he would smuggle them through his suitcase when he visits Toronto.

Chris.. when you get to visit Toronto we will put you up... but remember fish stinks after two days so thats my offer, two evenings then you get your sorry ass back to Rochester.
    Ron and I have been planning a visit where we come to Rochester in Jan, maybe around that time would be appropriate for you to visit Toronto as we can drive you at least one way.
    I will take you over to John Bently's studio to meet him and see his wonderful four colour carbons.. I consider Todd G and John B the best in this field.. I have never seen Girards work so I cannot speak of his prints.. The only other prints I have seen were David Schraders from California, and his work was very good as CMB can attest, all his prints were on the Melemex and not transfered to heavy watercolour as John and Todds work has been done. I have tried to find out where he went as its strange that he did such nice work, but does not seem to be working on carbon now.
    Also Sandy King has hanging at his home some very nice tri colour carbons that he made back in the 80's. Sandy and I made some colour carbon tissue, my last visit with good results.

I think Chris this is a very good direction and initiative you are taking and wish you the best success.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Chris;

I hope you realize how difficult it will be to ship chemicals outside of the US. Especially these compounds.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris;

A good time to visit Bob's home is in Jan. He will be here!

If you take up the one way offer, then this will be interesting. But then, there is always the train back to Rochester.

Bob; I will show you my full width rolls of Melenex and Ultrastable.

Pe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marek, I have you down for 200 grams; thank you!

However, PE might be right about int'l shipping and I guess we need to get this figured out for sure, before getting people's hopes up. So far, interest has been about 50% international, 50% US.

Charles, thank you, I'll get in touch with Tod.

Bob, wow, this sounds awesome; let's plan on it. 2 days and then I'll get the hell out of Dodge; Scout's honor. Shouldn't I be able to just cross-country ski across Lake Ontario in January though??
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lake Ontario is open to shipping year round. However, the edges freeze quite far out, but are very rough due to heavy waves. You could walk on it if it were not so rough.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    two nights, then I start letting the air out of the mattress. I think you will enjoy meeting John Bentley as well, you should plan an afternoon with him.

We will be coming back from Rochester or going there so you have a ride one way at least.

Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Marek, I have you down for 200 grams; thank you!

However, PE might be right about int'l shipping and I guess we need to get this figured out for sure, before getting people's hopes up. So far, interest has been about 50% international, 50% US.

Charles, thank you, I'll get in touch with Tod.

Bob, wow, this sounds awesome; let's plan on it. 2 days and then I'll get the hell out of Dodge; Scout's honor. Shouldn't I be able to just cross-country ski across Lake Ontario in January though??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are some key pieces of information from Sigma-Aldrich's MSDS for CAS: 2718-90-3.

- No known OSHA hazards.
    - Not a dangerous substance according to GHS.
    - Contains no substances with occupational exposure limit values.
    Shipping
    DOT (US) - Not dangerous goods.
    IMDG - Not dangerous goods.
    IATA - Not dangerous goods.

I personally think this bodes very well for shipping overseas. Potassium dichromate on the other hand has a restriction in every category. So as far as any shipping entity cares, this stuff is no worse than table salt. It might be wise to check with individual country's regulations, but I think if we label the shipments "Screen Printing Ingredient", there shouldn't be a lot of interference.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd say, don't even be that specific...how about just "photograhpic chemical".

Better yet, find out if Secant is equipped to ship overseas...let them handle all of the shipping (domestic and international), the same way that Sandy did with RDS for the coating rods.

--Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they do the "dividing" and the shipping then the price will go up to the higher one per unit purchased.

And, my thoughts were about customs. Remember a while back an APUG member had his E6 kit opened and ruined by customs, and he was apparently suspected of bringing in a controlled substance.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a very real concern PE. I wonder what the best way to avoid this is?

The question is how often does this happen, realistically? And would that problem be any different if I was doing the shipping as opposed to a company? I guess the worst thing is that if someone's shipment is compromised, someone is going to be out of money; either me or the buyer.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin