Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,758   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Chris ,

You are talking about two bleach process at your last post. First applied to positive film , turns some to new chemical and if I am not wrong harden the gelatin.
    You apply dye after all. Dye and new chemicals reacts together and give a brighter color.
    Than again , a newer bleach to remove the silver.

Questions ,

Why first bleach does not react with all silver ? As I understood , after first bleach , there would be two compounds remains in emulsion , A- Silver B - Potassium Iodide

And ,you dye the potassium iodide proportional to silver image.

And you apply the second bleach and silver gone.

Why first bleach does not remove the all silver image ?

Are they different formulas , first and second bleaches ?

Can I use many dye mixtures to form the color monochrome with react with potassium iodide ?

After this discussion , We can go in to Technicolor 2 dye process.
    I will reread the patent and report here.

Umut

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Jerry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, perhaps the first "bleach" is really a toner. It changes the metallic silver into another form (not sure, I seem to remember K-Iodide but remember, I am not a chemistry expert). So the silver has been changed to X, and X is a powerful mordant for certain types of dyes. And right, the 2nd bleach removes whatever remains of the silver, and I guess whatever form it exists in??

The 1st toner does change all the metallic (developed) silver and the 2nd removes that byproduct, leaving the dye. They are different formulas.

You can easily find a black dye of some sort to make monochrome image in this way.

I believe this is a fairly accurate description of F.E. Ives dye-mordanting process for Kromskop slides. There is a similar kind of method explained by J.S. Friedman in his dye-toning chapter.

Is Technicolor 2 similar to the original Kodachrome (Capstaff's 2-color version)?
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Yes , they are similar or the same. I could not find anything about red color for two color kodachrome.
    Someone from Kodak told me that green was cyanide compound.
    Than I found two color technicolor patent from 20s and voila , everything is there.
    Look at Silver Gelatin forum and everything is there.

Umut

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin