Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,575   Online: 1039

Shooter
    Medium Format

Alternative Printing System

Not sure if this is the right place or not. I have been watching a series called Cake Boss and today I saw a really neat photo print system. Feed the photo in, do your photo adjustments and hit the print function and out comes the print. The "paper" is I think foundant or some other icing so if you don't like the results, just pop it into your mouth. No fuss, muss or waste and no environmentally unfriendly chemicals.

I want one !!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, my sister in law decorates cakes in shops, but is not computer literate. the first time she described this a few years ago it was like some kind of magic to her. I explained it was a variant of ink jet printing. Some are direct on fondant, and recently she has also told me of one that you transfer like a dye diffusion print onto an icing reciever sheet so you can use and ordinary ink jet printer, albeit one fitted with food safe inks.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    35mm
    I think this matter should better be discussed at EPUG (Edible Photography User Group)
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked for that group but could not find it. I'd put on a hundred pounds with one of these, I can see me printing my estimated 3,000 prints and slides. Guess it would make a heck of an interesting cake. Hey maybe an anniversary cake for the development of photography.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin