Do not try this at home...
Well, I made a half decent salt print about a year and a half ago, at which time I salted several pieces of Weston Parchment with the gelatin and salts. It has been way too long for me to remember the exact receipe I used.
In a couple days I need to have some prints ready for the annual university Art Dept Faculty and Staff show. So I thought, I got one print easy enough, I'll just make three from very similar negatives (8x10's of each of my boys). Print today, mat tomorrow and frame them up and turn them in on Thursday before I leave town for a week.
I am not looking for perfect prints -- in fact as the triplets have very different body-styles and personalities, the images should not look identical. In fact, I would not mind some rough looking prints to match the rough and tumble personalities of the boys.
Ah...the well laid plans of mice and men. And probably not well laid at all, really...
I rod-coated the sheets, using 2ml of 10% sensitizer per sheet. The first test (15 min in a "pizza oven") was way too light. So I double coated the remaining sheets with another 2ml of the silver nitrate/citric acid sensitizer. The next image, exposed for 30 minutes is still too light (even before the fixer!). I did get some better density on the ends where there was more sensitizer left by the rod. I got another sheet exposing for two hours right now.
So I just triple coated the remaining sheets with 3 ml more of the sensitizer. Holding the sheets up to the light, they look a little splotchy, but they are drying right now and I'll see how they print in an hour or so. (Maybe I'll hit them with a hair drier to speed things up.)
We'll see how it all turns out. I should know better than to try to get final prints with an almost brand new process! LOL!
Below is that good image from my first (and only) salt printing session. A 5x7 print from a camera negative. On a different paper and salted differently probably, too.