Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,731   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would not want to hijack this thread in my favor but I am curious about one thing. I was planning to build a light source for alternative processes, but I just happen to have a metal halide with the casing sitting around.
    The bulb and the ballast is 150watts. It is a philips MHN-TD, the bulb has a quartz casing. I checked the spectrum it shows it produces some UV in usable range. Do you think that is feasible to use after removing the glass from the casing or should I not bother myself and go build a device.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LDPO3_MHW-TD_70W_150W.gif  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Serdar, that lamp's spectral power distribution chart look useless (for alt-processes) to me. You need something that puts most of the energy around 350 - 370nm... What process do you have in mind? Why not using UVBL tubes? (Istanbul'da var, fiyatlar uygun...)

EDIT: See Philips lamps with "/10" suffix in their codes. The codes with "R" indicates each lamp has it's own reflector, you'll get higher efficiency with those... See this page (Actinic BL bulbs) in the Philips catalogue. (online, Turkish...)

See that particular lamp's spectral power distribution chart below:

Last edited by Loris Medici; 08-12-2011 at 06:36 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional info...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Loris Medici View Post
    Serdar, that lamp's spectral power distribution chart look useless (for alt-processes) to me. You need something that puts most of the energy around 350 - 370nm... What process do you have in mind? Why not using UVBL tubes? (Istanbul'da var, fiyatlar uygun...)
    Well for starters cyanotype, may be van dyke. I planned to build something with uv bulbs but I haven't had the chance yet. Because I had no experience with the processes yet, I thought may be if that MH bulb would work, I can use it to start some experimenting. (uygun olursa birşeyler danışmak isterim)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin