Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,120   Online: 899

Thread: 5X7 film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

5X7 film

its payday with overtime so its time to get some more 5X7 film. My favorite FOMA 200(Arista EDU Ultra 200) won't be available until october...drat. IT worked great for salt prints or silver with some very simple adjustments to the developing time. I tried the EDU ultra 400 and was disappointed that it was nearly impossible to get a contrasty negative from it. So has anyone out there worked with the FOMA 100 or EFKE pl100 for alt process?
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a 5x7 camera recently at a camera show and was thinking about doing salt prints with it. What adjustments did you to the foma 200 to get it to work great?

Thanks,

Brett

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've used Shanghai 100 for Pt/Pd with success.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by Brett_Jurgens View Post
    I picked up a 5x7 camera recently at a camera show and was thinking about doing salt prints with it. What adjustments did you to the foma 200 to get it to work great?

Thanks,

Brett
    I used D-23 exclusively at 3:1 for 13 min for silver and 1:1 at 11min for salt
    No escaping it!
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used Fomapan 100 but not for alternative processes. I think you will find that it builds contrast with ease and you should have no trouble getting the contrast you need. However I have found it needs careful processing. My first efforts had blotching over even toned areas (cloudless sky in my case). I cured this by mixing the working solution with distilled water. I use Pyrocat HD.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    I have used Fomapan 100 but not for alternative processes. I think you will find that it builds contrast with ease and you should have no trouble getting the contrast you need. However I have found it needs careful processing. My first efforts had blotching over even toned areas (cloudless sky in my case). I cured this by mixing the working solution with distilled water. I use Pyrocat HD.
    Thanks Adrian this is the answer I was looking for
    No escaping it!
    to take this path

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    pl100 is a fine film for alt process....everyone here is aware that it scratches easily;use a pyro dev to harden the film while processing....what's wrong with using good old trix or fp4??
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've only recently started to shoot in 5X7 format (via a reducing back for my 8X10 KMV). Really do like the format for pt/pd. Using my favorite film/dev combo of FP4 and Rodinal. Some friends have convinced me to try HP5 with FA 1027.
    One reason why I prefer non-staining developers is that it makes masking the negative that much easier. Just a thought.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keith Canham is starting another 5x7 TMY2 (T-Max 400) co-op for 5x7 if anyone is interested in that. It's 50 sheet boxes.

Not cheap, and not off the shelf. Once there are enough orders it will get cut and shipped.

But it's a good emulsion. I'm in for 3 boxes.

(He's also starting another 8x10 TMY2 co-op, which was pretty much a big hit last time.)
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin