Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,660   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinagray View Post
    Does anyone who has tried it have any examples they can put up or any tips? Did you buy paving stones or did you pour your own concrete?
    My example faded away, but was just cyanotype chemistry poured on xisting older concrete sidewalk, then coverred to dry. A big negative was used. A garden hose was used to "develop" the image.

The shame of it all is that I had so little interest in my experiment that I never photographed it. So all that remains is a memory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    My example faded away, but was just cyanotype chemistry poured on xisting older concrete sidewalk, then coverred to dry. A big negative was used. A garden hose was used to "develop" the image.

The shame of it all is that I had so little interest in my experiment that I never photographed it. So all that remains is a memory.
    I wonder if spilling some coffee or tea on that area might restore the image? The problem with cyanotypes is that they don't like alkaline environment, and cement is very alkaline. However, toning with tea or coffee might restore some of the image...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting question. It is on the sidewalk where I no longer live, but its only a few blocks away. I might be able to try that!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for replies - has anyone poured their own concrete in small blocks or tried anything with primed concrete?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad this thread has come back to life. My personal life has gotten in the way of my hobby life a lot the last year, so I've been pretty absent.

My own original thoughts were for making images in concrete countertops. Like for kitchens and toilets. So clearly the image needs to be sealed. But as pointed out, concrete is the wrong pH despite its available iron.

And from a previous life I know that jerking around the pH can have detrimental results to the concrete.

A conundrum to say the least.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    What do you think would be good to prime it with?

Images on counter tops would be so cool! You should do it

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been thinking about this for a while but it was when I was at the National Theatre the other day that I started feeling like I actually want to do it. The concrete there always inspires me and they were projecting a '20s film directly onto one of the concrete pillars. It looked awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin