Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,270   Online: 1128

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Aggie,

Sorry you have-to-be in Zion that next weekend. It should be good and cold.
    We saw the first dusting of snow on the Sierras this last weekend, twenty or so people saying how are we getting home. Some of the passes where closed on sunday.

Maybe, just maybe Kerik, William and I need to do a week long P/P workshop some time. I am sure we could find a place like Aggies house for 15 to 20 students it could be fun. Just a thought.

Jan Pietrzak

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    I plan on trying platinum in the future. My problem has always been having to rely on a densitometer. I would rather get a feel for what is a good negative by sight. Then I have no problem with mixing chemicals or such. What I have problems with is having instructions told to me, or reading them in a book without seeing a demo. I am a firm believer in demo's for dummies. I admit it, I am a visual person. I need to see it done.

Brian, you and Alp if you could wait til Jan. I would gladly do the workshop then with both of you. If not I can say Jan's course is going to be nearly in your back yard for closeness. Kerik I really respect, having seen some of his work. I don't know wmlaven, but I am sure he does well too. We are all just lucky that we have such good options so close to us.
    If this is the approach you like, I beleive Kerik would be the best choice. I dont know Jan (hell for that matter I dont know Kerik personally) so I cannot comment on his instruction, but everything I have heard from Kerik's workshops has always been glowing praise with no sensitometry..

He and Clay were the two most helpful persons when I started. Their advice never failed and was always explained in detail, IMO you cannot go wrong with taking a workshop from either of them.

Last, pt/pd is a bit hard to master, but it is not all that hard, nor is it balck magic, all that requires is a little stick ot it and in no time you will be making wonderful prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    If this is the approach you like, I beleive Kerik would be the best choice. I dont know Jan (hell for that matter I dont know Kerik personally) so I cannot comment on his instruction, but everything I have heard from Kerik's workshops has always been glowing praise with no sensitometry..

He and Clay were the two most helpful persons when I started. Their advice never failed and was always explained in detail, IMO you cannot go wrong with taking a workshop from either of them.

Last, pt/pd is a bit hard to master, but it is not all that hard, nor is it balck magic, all that requires is a little stick ot it and in no time you will be making wonderful prints.
    Thanks to Will, Jorge, Jan and William Laven for your kind words. All greatly appreciated. And I am confident one could get fine instruction from any of us.

But, let me shamelessly throw in a plug for another workshop I have coming up in a couple of weeks... I will be teaching a beginning pt/pd workshop in Yosemite with the Ansel Adams Gallery November 4-6. If you (or anyone) is interested, contact me directly or you can sign up on the Ansel Adams Gallery website (www.anseladams.com). As of last friday there were still a couple of slots open.

Thanks again. The kindness is appreciated!

Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pietrzak
    Maybe, just maybe Kerik, William and I need to do a week long P/P workshop some time. I am sure we could find a place like Aggies house for 15 to 20 students it could be fun. Just a thought.
    That's a hell of an idea. I'm starting to look for a good workshop in 2005 right now, myself. If you guys do that I'll gladly fill up one space...

Dean

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm waiting to find out what Kerik's 2005 workshop schedule is too.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Brian, I'm in the process of working out the bugs in my way of printing in plat, plad. No problems so far even without fancy densitometer equipment. It is really not tough with lots of ways to overcome variables alone the process. Give it a try although not easy there is a short learning curve.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Missed this post while out of town. Brian, as you know I have been working on some Ziatypes and for me, it was the best way to get into this type of process. The small kit from Bostick and Sullivan is less than $80 US and after I built the proto-type light source for UV have to say it is not only fun, but starting to wish I had larger negatives (currently using 4x5). Can't say I have mastered anything, but have gotten some pretty good prints. Prints in the mail right now for some solid input.

While I would love to get a good workshop in, just not possible right now. The Zia's really are not hard - if I figured out what to do (with lots of input from this site BTW) someone with your talent should get it with no problem. What is really cool to me is these are some really old process and still just a blast to work with. Feels like you are interacting with the print, just in a different way than silver prints.

Have never met Kerik, so can not say first hand what a workshop is like..but I like his work enough to have one of his works hanging on my wall.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I'm waiting to find out what Kerik's 2005 workshop schedule is too.
    Hi Diane,

I just posted my 2005 workshop schedule on my website. Some dates are still to-be-determined, but several are set. Go here for the details:

http://kerik.com/wrkshps.htm

If you have any questions, email me directly.

Thanks for your interest!

Kerik

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Kerik!
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin