Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,427   Online: 901

Shooter
    Medium Format

Platine Pd Strange Coating Issue

Hi All,

I've been using Platine for a few months and I'm generally happy with the paper. Recently I've hit an issue which is baffling me.

I'm seeing what looks like puddle marks on the finished print. These marks are also visible on the coated but unexposed paper.

I've tried other papers to see if it is an issue with my brush coating and I'm not seeing the same stains.

I can only think of maybe some sort of sizing issue with the paper, but I've had no issues with other sheets in the same batch.

I usually coat at around 70F, 40-45% RH (I live in Denver).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Rob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had similar problems with Plantine a couple years ago. I was getting blotchy areas about the size of a quarter. It probably is not your technique, just a few bad sheets.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Do you mean 'Arches Platine'.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Do you mean 'Arches Platine'.
    Yes..

However, it looks like I was talking about a banana.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin