Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,052   Online: 823

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Sounds good. That was one of the reasons I suggested NCPS - they use dip and dunk on all three of their lines (C-41, E-6, and B&W).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you can develop your own B&W film you should be able to develop your own HIE. EIR film should be processed in E6 chemical. Check out the book 'The Art of Colour Infrared Photography' by Steven H. Begleiter for all you need to know about Colour Infrared film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry. I have to get my 4th post out of the way so I can post a link. Yay microwave burritos. Again I apologize.
    Last edited by wrenaz; 10-03-2011 at 06:05 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    35mm
    In response to Vincent.
    Unfortunately, I have never had any experience in the dark room. Though, I see more and more, the need to learn. As for EIR film, true it is an E-6 film, but I have also seen examples of C-41 cross processed EIR, in a book, possibly even the Begleiter book that you mentioned ( which I own, but it is currently in my home town in AZ and I haven't read it for three or four years now) and on other forums. Here is a link to one album. The last two pics, the only color pics, are EIR cross processed in C-41.
    http://www.fineart-photo.com/infrared1/index.html
    I don't know how these pics would look if processed in E-6, but I know I love the way they look as processed in this example.
    I have shot one roll of EIR several years ago that I had E-6 processed, The shots were as expected, those that survived the generous bracketing, that is. Also one roll of HIE at night under stage lighting with some excellent results.
    Again Thanks everyone. I am new to this forum and pleased by the responses of all you kind and helpful folks.

Shooter
    35mm
    oops. Actually, after further thought, I believe the example in the Begleiter book may have been processed in AR5.

Shooter
    35mm
    Glad you found somewhere to help you process your film!

ME Super

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    EIR can be processed in C41 as a color negative. Cross processing doesn't really "mess up" the colors because they won't be accurate anyway.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does anyone know the status of Rocky Mountain Film Laboratory? They still have a roll of HIE EIR I sent them a couple of years ago. Their website (last updated October 2011) says they are still in the middle of re-organization.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    AgX Imaging in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan does E6 and Mike Lussier is well aware of the requirements for infrared film. Just be sure to mention it, but I've used him and he's great. Any competent E6 lab will understand the uniqueness of IR film and turn off the necessary sensors in their machine, you just have to tell them and if they don't understand or don't really acknowledge what you're saying, find another place.

EIR and Aerochrome calls for AR-5 processing I believe, but E6 is completely satisfactory and you'll be pleased with the results. I've seen low quality from C-41, but it is possible. Don't even bother trying to get the specified processing (whether it's E4, AR-5 or what...)

Shooter
    35mm
    I've recently used dr-5 Chrome in Denver Colorado for the last of my EIR film. I am about to send a couple of rolls of HIE off to them. They did a good job on them. l am happy to recommend them.
    WJS/wi/usa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin