Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,135   Online: 972

Shooter
    Multi Format

Why is Photo Formulary Twice the Cost of SIlver Nitrate than B + S?

Does anyone have any idea why Photo Formulary is more than twice the cost for Silver Nitrate than Bostick and Sullivan? For example, 100 g at B+S is $129 and at Photo Formulary it is $299. I just want to make sure I am not missing something before I place my order.

Thanks,

Tim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Probably depends on when they bought it and the price of silver at that time.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, I was just making sure there wasn't some obvious difference. I couldn't imagine there could be any difference in the crystals, but since the price difference was so big I wanted a sanity check.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also the purity to consider. The Photographers Formulary supplies very high grade AgNO3. IDK about other companies but there are many grades.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We make our own!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Without chemists, photography itself would be impossible!

Thanks for the clarification, Dick!

Vaughn

PS -- I recently bough some Silver nitrate from B&S for salt printing. Worked great...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bryce1.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin