Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,859   Online: 993

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Litho film

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jim -- 14x17 negatives...you're the man!

I believe Yupo comes in a couple different weights. I am using some 14x17 x-ray film for tissue support. It does save time to be able to pour big tissues and cut them down as needed. I pour three 14x17 tissues at a time and that uses up an entire batch of glop (about 280ml per tissue). Each tissue then gives me four tissues for 5x7 negs, or six tissues for 4x5 negs. Not quite big enough for two 8x10 negs (but good for one 8x10 and a couple smaller ones.)

I'll be pouring tissues tonight!

Vaughn

PS -- one thing about x-ray film...it fixes out quickly!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doesn't Yupo shrink and distort when heated? Might be fun to make things with, 3-D images and such.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought an 11x14 pad of the 74 lb. Yupo and found out about the heavyweight version after I made some tissues. I followed up with a little research and found this thread on the carbon forum. Maybe not definitive, but I think it confirms the general preference for the lightweight versions.

Yupo (opaque white) is available in 50 and 57 lb. text papers, and 58, 74, 86, 100, and 144 lb cover papers.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Jim -- 14x17 negatives...you're the man!

I believe Yupo comes in a couple different weights. I am using some 14x17 x-ray film for tissue support. It does save time to be able to pour big tissues and cut them down as needed. I pour three 14x17 tissues at a time and that uses up an entire batch of glop (about 280ml per tissue). Each tissue then gives me four tissues for 5x7 negs, or six tissues for 4x5 negs. Not quite big enough for two 8x10 negs (but good for one 8x10 and a couple smaller ones.)

I'll be pouring tissues tonight!

Vaughn

PS -- one thing about x-ray film...it fixes out quickly!
    Vaughn, yes the x-ray film fixes real quick! I love it. I'm not yet happy with any of my 14x17 work yet.... but I'm very picky. Got some big negs from my recent trip to Yosemite to print soon. Poured two batches over the last couple of days for a student who is coming over for the weekend.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am doing a workshop outside of Sacramento weekend after next (for a community college), so pouring some for that and for myself. Three batches with a variety of pigment concentrations...so I still need to fix out 9 sheets of 14x17 x-ray. In between I'll make a few platinum/palladium prints...made a great set of the Boys my last platinum session! (images taken on x-ray film, developed at the hospital).

I am finding that 11x14 is a lot of territory to cover. Makes my 8x10 seem like such a small and simple beast to use! I'll leave the 14x17 to you real men! LOL!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I am doing a workshop outside of Sacramento weekend after next (for a community college), so pouring some for that and for myself. Three batches with a variety of pigment concentrations...so I still need to fix out 9 sheets of 14x17 x-ray. In between I'll make a few platinum/palladium prints...made a great set of the Boys my last platinum session! (images taken on x-ray film, developed at the hospital).

I am finding that 11x14 is a lot of territory to cover. Makes my 8x10 seem like such a small and simple beast to use! I'll leave the 14x17 to you real men! LOL!
    After setting up the 14x17 and breaking it down the 8x10 is like a P&S. After the workshop I'm hoping to pull a good 14x17 print or two from my trip to Bodie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin