Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,060   Posts: 1,561,609   Online: 822

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Paper for Albumen printing

My paper of choice for Albumen printing has been Strathmore 500 Bristol plate finish but this paper is now manufactured differently and will not produce good prints. What other papers have you found suitable for Albumen printing? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Gary, I really like Weston Diploma Parchment for albumen prints. it float coats very easily with albumen and for 12-15% silver nitrate. I was really shocked at how well my very first albumen print turned out on this paper. Single coating is even and rich in tonality with a nice sheeny luster and depth.... Also, the price is right!
    Miles :
    cherish light

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestion of Weston Diploma Parchment! I have some and I will definitely try it this week.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    is the weston diploma paper still available?? i thought not....
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The paper is still listed on this website: http://www.butlerdearden.com/default.aspx

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey Peter the newest reincarnation of Weston Diploma Parchment is called Plat Pal and check it out here >>> www.butlerdearden.com/ I have used the old and new with alt printing and find them quite nice ....
    Miles :
    cherish light

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin