Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,016   Online: 671

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photo Ceramic Processes

I was at the Nelson-Atkins museum of art the other day and I saw a piece of Chinese pottery from the 16th century. The color was as bright and as vivid as a piece of 1970's Pyrex.

I also thought to myself, hey, that's a pretty good cyan.

Fuji has a photoceramic process called 'Fuji Photoceram' as seen here.

I'm interested in ways that photographs can be made in ceramics and thus made highly permament. If that can be applied to color... well shoot, I'm a happy camper.

What really defines a photoceramic process??

Are there genuine methods of producing photographs in ceramics, or is it usually just the application of some other kind of image forming layer atop it? (like applying an emulsion, or a carbon transfer, etc.)
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    They use photograph on porcelain technology at grave decoration. There are many companies that will explain the technology and the services at web. ? had been posted a detailed post to f 295 forums least 3 years ago.
    It can be carbon and burned and make hundreds of years stability or laser printer with special color ceramic powders to be carried on plate and later burned and sintered to the surface.
    Do you start to grave business ?

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 11-11-2011 at 02:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There was chinese british porcelain trade at 1800s and china was doing all the milimeter detail paintings by hand but the britons by silk printing.
    I think you can learn the recipe from british museum and transfer your decoration on toilet cups and sell at the antique fair for 10 dollars as kansas porcelain since 2011

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    cobalt is responsible from blue color , you can buy cobalt powder and dilute and than inkjet print.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    color gum printers uses paints that contains all the exotic chemicals in the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Umut, sounds exciting! Toilets, death... hahaha

So the key to a true photoceramic process is burning or baking the image in?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    blue ceramics , chinese , dutch and britain manufactured are famous. and the turkish iznik ceramics and abbasid area baghdad and damascus ceramics. Early Islamic ceramics dated 6 to 10th century are the most expensive ceramics in the world. And there is mayan blue and egyptian blue also , these are nepheline cyenide chemicals and its color is Turquise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    high heat and burning the organics.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I think you must read ceramic glazes hobby sites and need of oxidizing and reduction atmosphere. look at the tiffany and zsolnay glass and ceramic glazes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Burning organics, oxidizing and reduction atmosphere... that makes a lot of sense. Thank you Umut!

But how to create the image? That is the trick.

p.s. You can edit your posts to consolidate the number of postings by the way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin