Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,146   Online: 927

negative enlarging service

Hi All, here's what I am looking for: I want to out put enlarged negatives. I can do the scanning. I just can't commit to getting the correct printer and inks. I am looking for a service that offers outputting my scans to a negative for alt proc. They are square negs and I'd need them not bigger than 8x8. Does anyone know of a service like this.

I've always wanted to do this myself but I just don't have the coin for a nice printer.

Thanks,
    Echard Wheeler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone with a darkroom can make enlarged negatives on ortho transparency material.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I mean, depending on what you want, you'd be surprised what you don't need. You can print out a negative on transparency sheets on a generic copier and make cyanotypes.

You don't really need (for most uses) a specific printer or inks... just be consistent and run your tests and calibrate all of your images according to step wedges, etc. Which you would have to do anyway if someone else printed negs for you.

But if you have a darkroom, enlarging to ortho film is really the way to go.
    Vincent Purcell
    Lexington KY Photographer + Media Artist
    http://vincenttpurcell.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin