Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,619   Online: 1027

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Autochrome and Help for RGB Photoshop Solution

Noones have money to buy the dyes for Autochrome. My only hope is photoshop. I attached a RGB Graph of 1907 Research from Wratten Company.
    I want to manuplate a picture with it. Please someone step by step explain that how it is being done .

Thank you ,

Umut
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 096 Autochrome.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Would the guys and girls over at DPUG be able to help you out with this? I checked there myself but most everything to do with Autochrome was a thread started by you
    I'm not sure exactly what you're after so I'm useless to you, but there was mention of creating colour separation digital negatives... sorry, I want to help because I've seen around how much you want to get this to work, but I'm out of my depth here.
    Holmburger's thread about experimenting with RGB colour screens has a comment from htmlguru4242 mentioning that he was working on RGB inks for Epson printers... would that help you at all with what you're wanting to achieve? That particular post is here if it's of assistance: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1031588

Sorry not to be of any help

Edit: Is this more in line with what you're after? The gentleman who wrote the article is using ICC profiles to restrict the colour gamut to the more muted orange, green and violet palette of old Autochromes. The article is here: http://therefractedlight.blogspot.co...utochrome.html.
    At the end of the article is a link to an update with how he created the profile.
    Sorry if I'm way off the mark here. I probably shouldn't have responded since I have nothing intelligent to add, but I do so hate to see unanswered requests for help!
    Last edited by Molli; 12-12-2011 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Umut I think you must find another place to ask this question... surely someone would have answered by now if they knew. You have tapped the resources of APUG, though you could try DPUG (I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope though).

You need to take your picture, separate it into RGB and then apply these spectral curves to each layer and then overlay them. Of course, I have no idea how to do that in practice. But so many other things will stand in the way of capturing the autochrome look; like the original spectral sensitivity of the film, the reseau pattern and so forth.

Screen-plates are unique in that the same filters are used for separating the color sensation and recombining them; which is unique in color photography. There has to be a compromise in this instance. Taking any other kind of picture and then applying the colors from Autochrome won't necessarily equal the look, because the separations were made at different/unknown wavelengths.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No , The process must to be separete the RGB channels with presented 1907 RGB curves.
    How softwares separete the color image in to RGB channels , how RGB Channels presented to the software , where can I find the algorithms is a way to make my small photoshop plug in. I think I might have some digital vision books and I can read them free. But I am open to all information.

I am open to all advises.

Molli , thank you , I will replay whats been done at the blog.

And I dont like to be advised not to ask that , not to write this.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    And I dont like to be advised not to ask that , not to write this.
    I only meant that I think (my opinion is) that you would be better off asking this somewhere different. You and I both know that unless someone new shows up that has never posted on APUG before, there is probably no one that will come forth with instructions for you.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    google Harris technique and see if this might be helpful
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thank you Chris and Ann. I will google it now.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I registered to Creative Cow Forum and asked the questions. Question will arise all photoshop forums and digital darkroom forums plus code writing forums. ? will try to dig GIMP source code also.

Umut

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mustafa have you tried the alternativephotography.com site, they have a tutorial on three color gum and creating separation negs via photoshop and I also believe that they have curves for photoshop as well as Gimp

Good Luck

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDR View Post
    Mustafa have you tried the alternativephotography.com site, they have a tutorial on three color gum and creating separation negs via photoshop and I also believe that they have curves for photoshop as well as Gimp

Good Luck

Dominik

great advice !

the folks doing separation negatives in PS for alt work
    would know exactly how to do this sort of thing.

good luck !
    john

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin