Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,774   Online: 811

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Favourite Historic Image

Do APUG members have a favourite historic image? Mine is probably study of a tree by Fox Talbot

http://photohist.blogspot.com/2009/0...lbot-tree.html.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Mine is this one by Julia Margaret Cameron. I got a copy of it printed in Camera Works and had it mounted and framed. Seeing a Julia Margaret Cameron exhibition in NYC years ago was what got me back into photography.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is the greatest photograph ever made:

http://www.andrewward.com/edward_ste...e_flatiron.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mine is probably this astonishing portrait of Frederic Chopin. I don't know whether I am more amazed by the photograph, by the man, or that someone actually got a photograph of him. This image is 162 years old!

(Taken by Louis-Auguste Bisson in 1849, a few months before his death. I don't know what gear was used.)

There are many early images of prominent native Americans that I also like very much.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hard to narrow it down to just one, but this one is good:

http://www.nasaimages.org/luna/servl...mi=172&trs=416

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, there's lots of great ones, but my favorite one is hands down this one!

The story behind it is one of the best stories I've ever heard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hope this qualifies. I purchased this at the Brimfield antiques fair forever ago. In person of course there is none of the keystoning or blurriness or flare. When you look at the print itself it just looks as if the fellow in front is a projection from the future that was captured on film. He looks as if he is wearing a period disguise while he is checking his communicator to see when the wormhole is going to open. Every time I pull it out of its storage box I wonder if he will still be in the photo. There is no explaining it but if the house was on fire and everybody was safely out, this is what I would run back in for. Size is great too at something like 14 x 18 inches.

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4586.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Also had the phenomenal luck to view this in person. It absolutely smolders at 8x10 inches (image size). Probably the best print I have seen in terms of pure technical execution. And the subjects are up to the task in a big way. If Jackie spoke it would not surprise the viewer.

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen shot 2011-12-30 at 11.54.14 PM.png  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Oh, man. There are way too many great images out there to pick just one... That said, here is one of my favorites:

http://www.geh.org/taschen/htmlsrc15...tml#topofimage

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

X. Phot.
    I found this old photograph buried in a pile of cabinet cards and prints at the Hotel Love in Purcell Oklahoma. Just had to have it. I thought it interesting, even the Nun was packing a folder. http://cowgurlsblessing.blogspot.com...urcell-ok.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CameraGroup.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	43593

Once downloaded, you may need to click on the image several times to view the largest version.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin