Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,928   Online: 1091

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Paper Negative Print Exchange, Anyone?

After realizing I had a box of paper in my fridge that I probably am not going to use for anything else, the thought of a paper neg excnahge
    entered my head. Anyone up for such an exchange?

If there's enough interest, I guess it could be organized like the uberpopular postcard exchange:
    1) Sign up in January
    2) Print and mail in February and March
    3)Breather in April
    Last edited by Existing Light; 01-02-2012 at 11:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: tpyo
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    PS,

Any size print is fine with me. Shoot paper as big as you want/can/afford to or as small. I have a 5x7 camera, so I'll be working with that size
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would be in, for sure.
    -brian hayden
    http://fed-2.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would do it,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would too. Thanks to having a dedicated forum for this!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Finally got some responses to this! I was beginning to think it was a bad idea

I guess before we get a timeline set up, we should wait a few days to see if anyone else wants to join in.

Also, the internet at my house is out for the next few days, so I'll only be on sporadically until late this week or early next week, maybe even later if Hughesnet doesnt get their crap together, so be patient if I'm not every day

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nope, it is a great idea.

I just missed it somehow in the myriad of new posts that come in every day. Having a dedicated forum solved that little problem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, the paper neg forum was a good idea. I didnt realize the forum was created until I saw I had responses to this thread

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ok, so I guess this is going to be it for this paper neg exchange.

This might be a good time to agree upon some rules, maybe?

I'll post these here and then we can discuss, change, whatever we need/want to

1) since this is a small group, I think we can fairly easily handle swapping a print with everyone (unless someone wants to use some monster-sized paper print. I can tell you now not to expect anything bigger than 8x10 from me )

2) If this will help with the swapping of addresses, everyone can send their info to me and I can pass them along to the others. But we have such a small group that I think we can handle getting in touch with everyone else. Doesnt matter to me; I'll do whatever is easist for everyone else

3) Lets plan on spending March and April shooting, printing, and sending out the prints. It might not take us that long, but I think it's best to take our time so we arent rushed

4) Might be best to post suggestions here for everyone to see them rather than pm'ing them to me to post here

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Everything sounds good to me. Thanks for being the organizer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin