Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,463   Online: 757

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question about Ilford Direct Positive Paper (4x5)

My Direct Positive Paper arrived today and I was trying to fit it in my 4x5, but it does not fit ( a bit wide). I've read somewhere that there is no need to trim these to fit 4x5 holders. Is this correct, or are there different kinds of the 4x5 direct positive paper that they sell ??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Might need to cut off 1/8th to 1/16th of an inch. I often have to do that to fit holders.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have not had any problem with the direct positive paper, not fitting into the Plastic Fidelity holders.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had the same problem, i think there is a thread on apug about it. 4x5 film isnt 4x5, its slightly smaller. Ilford make the direct positive in fibre based in 3.9x4.9 size which will fit inside a standard film holder. For resin coated you just have to cut a small strip off two edges with a sharp knife.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Same problem , 2 box same emulsion one is ok the other is wider on don't fit in the holder.
    And it's the fiber base paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see, from a reply fromanother thread in another forum I posted, it seems that there are 2 code numbers for the FB direct positive paper, I have one that is supposedly a direct fit but I just bought a trimmer and it fits now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin