Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,969   Online: 753

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for following up. It looks like it held up pretty well after a year!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    thanks shawn --
    they look very good !
    john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, john!

I printed the paper negative in question tonight. There is some vignetting in the top corners, mild, but my memory is too fuzzy from a year ago to determine the cause. The taking lens, a Fujinon 150mm NW f5.6, has more than enough coverage for any movements I might have used. It could be that I forgot to check and see if the the rubber lens hood (if I used it that day...) was cutting into the image circle. It could be from the extended time between exposure and development, or maybe from the paper curling in the holder? I don't know. I do know the prints I made tonight look fantastic! I just finished toning them in tea and am waiting for the wash to finish. =) I will post scans either tomorrow or Monday.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made prints from the paper negative in question this weekend. I'm attaching a scan of the finished print and it's also in the Gallery. The print is on Ilford MGIV FB, the same paper as I used to make the negative. It was developed in PF130 1:1 and selenium toned at 1:100 for 5 minutes, then tea toned (stained) for 5 minutes.

My conclusion...? I don't know. =) I suspect there might have been SOME contrast lost in the paper negative over the years time but I just don't have enough experience with this process to be certain. I was able to make a print from it that I'm happy with, so that's what counts in my book. Although I think I'll try and get around to developing them a little sooner from now on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vineswalltea_600hc.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A whole year! That's good. I've had some paper negatives sit around for a few months after exposure and never noticed any ill effects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin