Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,296   Online: 822

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Supra III Paper Negatives

Hello all
    Just wondering, can I use Kodak Supra III paper for paper negatives. I have a shedload of this.
    If you can, how do you do it.
    Thanks
    Ektachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep. Just do test strips to determine the optimum effective speed... you can partially pull out the darkslide, fire the shutter, full the darkslide further, fire the shutter again etc. and get a nice exposure test on one sheet. Then develop in RA4 as usual and... off you go. I'll take a wild guess and suggest the paper has an effective speed of around 20. So you could bracket your exposure test around that approximate value, i.e. anticipate that the optimal speed for you could be anywhere from, say, ISO 5 to ISO 40.

I don't recall whether this paper has a watermark. The Fuji does, which is annoying and means you can;t contact print the negs... unless you polish off the watermark or something. But anyway, you can get glorious color negs this way.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin