Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,260   Online: 800

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Images with Direct Positive Paper

mornin'

Just thought it would be nice to have a place for e'ryone to post there images (plus technical info) using the new DPP, seen as people are still experiment with it an'all...

so to begin, here's my first successful image -
    1 second exposure, natural light outside.
    Dev 7mins 30secs in rodinal 1:100 20 degrees.
    stopped, fix, per manufactures instructions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DpositiveP 1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	595.3 KB 
ID:	64918

p.s. can we make this a sticky, is that possible? is it?
    Last edited by himself; 02-28-2013 at 11:14 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sorry about the 2 images, not sure what happened

Shooter
    Multi Format
    f4.6 (but with tilt) and on 3" and a quarter x 4" an a quarter. I got some odd shaped holders so cut some 4x5 down.
    it's the new Ilford DPP.

JFK was never shot, he lives with Elvis over there, I hear they like to take midnight canoe rides together. they take jam sandwiches, it's just darling.

Hope this helps

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Fujinon 135-f/5.6 on Speed Graphic, self-portrait using bulb shutter release hose, 1/8s exposure at f/5.6.

~Joe

I updated my blog about shooting this image, here.

Last edited by Joe VanCleave; 01-31-2014 at 06:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Harman DPP in Anniversary Speed Graphic, Fujinon 135-f/5.6 lens.

~Joe

San Ysidro, New Mexico:

Along NM highway 550 on the Zia Reservation:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, your guys shots are much better than the black mess with a few white patches that I got for my first try (serves me right for shooting into a sunset without pre-flashing, I suppose). I'll do better on my next try.

Just wondering, has anyone tried using this to enlarge slides/E6?
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Images with Direct Positive Paper

I would like to comment on making a thread of images.

There's a place for images like this, and it's in the gallery for subscribers.

It's ok to post images for examples if you have a problem or question, but image threads aren't really ok here, it puts a strain on the servers, which is why they have a subscribership for posting images to the gallery.

By helping to support APUG through subscribership, you help ensure the servers can be paid for and the wealth of knowledge here doesn't get lost, and costs less than a half a tank of gas for a year subscription! haha
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 02-17-2014 at 05:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    Wow, your guys shots are much better than the black mess with a few white patches that I got for my first try (serves me right for shooting into a sunset without pre-flashing, I suppose). I'll do better on my next try.

Just wondering, has anyone tried using this to enlarge slides/E6?
    Yes you can use the harman direct positive paper to make B&W versions of color slides

However Harman's emulsion makers have stopped making it, so they are looking for another supplier (or to make it themselves) it's apparently complicated to get it right so they had been using someone else's (or something like that) so for the mean time the product has been discontinued, so better stock up now!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I would like to comment on making a thread of images.

There's a place for images like this, and it's in the gallery for subscribers.

It's ok to post images for examples if you have a problem or question, but image threads aren't really ok here, it puts a strain on the servers, which is why they have a subscribership for posting images to the gallery.

By helping to support APUG through subscribership, you help ensure the servers can be paid for and the wealth of knowledge here doesn't get lost, and costs less than a half a tank of gas for a year subscription! haha
    Thanks, Stone, for the reminder of the subscription. However, the three images I linked were done so without uploading them to APUG's server, they are simply cross-linked from my Flickr account. There's an option to do this by unchecking the box when posting the image, or you can just write the blogger code yourself (using the [ I M G ] code). Either way, APUG's server doesn't get filled with these images.

As for not filling up threads with non-subscriber images, perhaps we should simply delete the entire "Image Sharing" section of the forum, just to alleviate any confusion?

~Joe

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe VanCleave View Post
    Thanks, Stone, for the reminder of the subscription. However, the three images I linked were done so without uploading them to APUG's server, they are simply cross-linked from my Flickr account. There's an option to do this by unchecking the box when posting the image, or you can just write the blogger code yourself (using the [ I M G ] code). Either way, APUG's server doesn't get filled with these images.

As for not filling up threads with non-subscriber images, perhaps we should simply delete the entire "Image Sharing" section of the forum, just to alleviate any confusion?

~Joe
    I'm sorry, on my phone app the links just show up as images, I hadn't even realized they were links.

As far as image sharing, I'm not a moderator so please only take my words as advice of not to tax the servers too much.

I just know when I came here 2 years ago I was asked to subscribe if I wanted to post images of my work, so eventually I did when I realized just how much I was learning, cheapest education I've ever had.

Carry on

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...mageuser=17089

I made this print on DPP from a lantern slide. Makes me think you could print from a colour slide, though I can't tell you how it would handle the range of colours.

I second the encouragement for members to become subscribers. Best value for money in the world of film photography.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin