Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,414   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

enlarged print from paper negative

Shot my first in camera paper negative and made my first enlarged print from a paper negative in my prototype reflective enlarger.
    Both the negative and print need help technique wise but I was in a hurry to get to the print as proof of concept with the enlarger.
    I'm pretty happy with the result and now need to clean up the technique (like doing a better job with focus and depth of field on the negative and a cleaner neg/print at the enlarging stage).The print is on Ilford multigrade pearl using a #2 filter at f 8 for 45 seconds and developed in Dektol 2:1.
    More to come...
    Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Tell me more about the technique, please.
    I want to enlarge some of mine, too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The technique isn't mysterious it's just utilizing reflective light to illuminate the negative instead of transmitted light as normal enlargers use.
    Think of it as a copy camera,copying the original (in this case the paper negative) to a larger size on normal photographic enlarging paper and developed,resulting in a larger print. There is a picture of the prototype reflective enlarger and my small collapsible dark room on the" paper negative group" here on APUG.
    Take a look and let me know if I can be of any further help...
    Don

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I'm looking right now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes! This is awesome

I love that enlarger with the cans on the side, that's just wonderful and it obviously works!
    Congratulations. What a neat idea, and what a great job implementing it!

-Ned

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just added update on paper negative group thread,with pics of paper negative portrait and collapsible dark room.
    Check it out and make suggestions (remember I'm new at the shooting paper negatives in camera)...
    This looks like it's going to be a blast!!
    Don

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's been a while but thought I'd post a successful enlarged print from a paper negative. Earlier pictures were portraits and appear a little unsharp,this was caused from lengthy exposures when exposing the camera negatives.
    I've recently doubled the power of my soft box light and am looking forward to some new"sharp" portraits.
    Thought to try a more powerful light source(the sun,LOL!) which shortened the exposure time and resulted in a sharper negative.
    Check it out and let me know what you think.This is a straight print no dodging/burning(though it could use some).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very cool!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    So, the reason you are using a reflected light system is for even illumination, correct?

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have 2 DeVere enlargers (5x4 and 8x10). It came with a mirror accessory (very heavy piece). I think it is supposed to replace the head for reproduction work ore something. I never looked into it but now I'm thinking it could be used to mimic a paper negative enlarger??
    Anyone tried this or know what it is for?
    "Have fun and catch that light beam!"
    Bert from Holland
    my blog: http://thetoadmen.blogspot.nl
    my Linkedin pinhole group: http://tinyurl.com/pinholegroup

* I'm an analogue enthusiast, trying not to fall into the digital abyss.
    * My favorite cameras: Nikon S2, Hasselblad SWC, Leica SL, Leica M7, Russian FKD 18x24, Bronica SQ-B and RF645, Rolleiflex T, Nikon F4s, Olympus Pen FT, Agfa Clack and my pinhole cameras.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin