Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,062   Online: 803

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I posted a paper neg in the gallery recently... quite easy...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've always wanted to try this.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    What type of chemicals do you need to develop these? I know that Kodak Royal paper used by mini photo labs can do this if used as a negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Read the earlier posts here. All is explained.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a fellow over at flickr in the paper negatives group who worked quite hard to get all the filters figured out for RA4 color negatives. He produced some quite beautiful results.

Timely that this thread popped up active today. This morning I constructed a big cardboard box camera... it has 1/2 of a B&L RR lens from an old Kodak 3A that covers 8x10 easily. I used a dollar store photo frame as the "film holder" and put a piece of unicolor paper in it. I made what jnanian calls a "retina print". Opened the shutter at about 11AM this morning and closed it when we came home from turkey dinner after dark. The results are quite encouraging! It produces a very different range of tones than regular B/W enlarging paper. I just finished scanning it about an hour ago.

It's a hybrid process so I won't post the result here, but I am very much looking forward to trying it again. I think there is not so much silver in this paper, so I don't know what would be left if I try to fix it.... I suppose I'll find out eventually.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ilfospeed RC digital's specs look interesting, especially its spectral sensitivity. Is this paper still available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've thought if I could find some RA4 paper without backprinting that I'd try printing slides on it then contact printing the paper negatives, sort of a paper internegative that would be a lot easier to make. But while I'm not sure why, I do feel rather sure it wouldn't work well. And without paper lacking backprint it's academic anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a colour paper negative group on flickr (disclaimer: I started it :-D ) which has some discussion as to filtering/chems/paper etc

http://www.flickr.com/groups/colourpapernegatives

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter de Groot View Post
    This is very intresting. I have some outdated colorpaper. I will have a go with it. It will be possible to develop it in b+w developper? (I know everything is possible but will it give some decent results?) I'm gonna try it anyway. Seems interesting.
    unfortunately, it wouldn't work correctly. The first negative would be too sensitive to blue and the blues would be blown out regardless of the next step. Appropriate colour filtration at the lens is the best solution - I believe.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've been working on the filtration recently. The filters change depending on the light. Filters for Strobes are different than filters for hotlights and are different for daylight rooms etc...
    Paper choice apparently will make a difference as well, but I have not been able to confirm that yet as I only have Fuji Crystal archive.
    So far, the easiest light for me to consistently filter has been the tungsten modelling lights in my studio strobes. For these I use an 85B+cc20M + CC25Y.
    Straight out of the camera (just invert in photoshop) gives:

Colour processing in photoshop gives images like this:

and this:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin