Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,525   Posts: 1,572,350   Online: 990
      
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    23,382
    Images
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillmer View Post
    How do I determine the CMY components of wratten filters? For instance what is an 85c or an 85b?
    Have fun! This is part of the problem of CMY exposures.

    PE

  2. #42
    Dr Croubie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    rAdelaide
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,488
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillmer View Post
    Interesting idea. I have a pretty good tripod and head, but I suspect registration might get messed up.
    I'm sure I'll try it this weekend! - Thanks!
    Well, I've read that Heinz Kilfitt had a tripod set in concrete in his basement for taking lens testing measurements. How ridiculous do you want to get?

    Or there's the other alternative: leave the camera alone with no filter and play with the lights. A few strobes with CMY filters in an otherwise completely darkened room. Shoot one colour at one strength, change the filter (it won't matter if you bump the light a teensy bit), and shoot again at a different strength. (again, definitely only for still life)
    I can see that there's a lot of paper to be wasted in experimenting...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

    f/64 and be there.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Croubie View Post
    I can see that there's a lot of paper to be wasted in experimenting...
    Hopefully not wasted...

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by mkillmer View Post
    Any suggestions as to what is wrong with the weird red colours here?

    If someone can tell me how to fix the colours in photoshop, I can apply the appropriate filtration...
    any thoughts?
    I actually quite like it.

  5. #45
    Photo Engineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    23,382
    Images
    65
    Well, with C/M/Y filters you can do it in one exposure, but with R/G/B filters you need 3 exposures and can only do still life. Both require a lot of experimentation.

    Although C/M/Y is easier. You generally need to expose, as I've mentioned, using the paper as if it were a slow tungsten film with a red bias.

    PE

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    96
    Here I've used a "Coffee" and a Yellow filter. There was too much yellow and green, but I was able to balance it out pretty easily in Lightroom.
    You can see how much I need an IR cut-off filter - the background is a Matt Black ultrasuede - no red at all!
    Last edited by mkillmer; 02-27-2014 at 09:56 AM. Click to view previous post history.

  7. #47

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    118
    This was taken over the weekend, Filtration isn't perfect by a long shot, my daughter maintained that she didn't like it because her dress is actually "bright red and black, not orange and brown" She was, of course, correct. I elected not to try and explain the complexities of trying to colour match an RA4 paper negative shot under daylight conditions and developed using out of date kodak chemicals at room temperature



    It's supra endura, ektacolor rt/lu chemicals, filtered with an 85B and 65M/55Y. Metered for about 1asa or thereabouts, which seems to be pretty much spot on by the look of the negative. Inverted it's a little blue so the above is corrected a small amount, but not by too much.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Daire Quinlan View Post
    It's supra endura, ektacolor rt/lu chemicals, filtered with an 85B and 65M/55Y. Metered for about 1asa or thereabouts, which seems to be pretty much spot on by the look of the negative. Inverted it's a little blue so the above is corrected a small amount, but not by too much.
    Looks great to me - I can't filter all the way up to 65M and 55Y - each colour in my filters only go to "35" combined, that's why I use 85C+85B +20M +25Y (under flash). This suggests to me that 85C must be similar to 40M+30Y.

  9. #49

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    96
    A bit of a disaster...
    I've added the brand new UV/IR cut-off filter, but have ended up with a very flawed colour image - reds and greens have disappeared.
    The image had a blue/green bias that I corrected in photoshop.
    The Angel is wearing a pink dress and the eggs are white, pink, green and gold. The dragon is the correct colour.
    I hope this is because the developer is exhausted.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    96
    The previous picture reminds me of one I took in January last year - it was old developer and I lost all red as well...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin