Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,613   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    Stone, the cheap stuff is double sided, round corner. I use the green, because it's basically an ortho film, whereas the blue is strictly color-blind Mathew Brady style. The double sided just means you have to watch the mechanical scratching by using flat bottom trays. When that stuff hit the developer, the emulsion turns as soft as a hard-boiled egg. Scratches just to look at it. But the hardening fixer takes care of that, and you end up with some pretty good 8x10 work, and at 30 cents a sheet.
    I know I shoot double sided green 11x14 in a big pinhole camera I made, develop it in JOBO tanks and strip the back side of the emulsion. I'm just wasn't sure what the OP had.

When I get my 8x10 I'll be buying some single sided stuff though.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use the cheap green double sided. I figure the single sided is so much higher, might as well go a little further and buy regular film. I don't strip it. I just take it as-is, and it is what it is. It's 30 cents a sheet, is what it is. That's the whole deal. Either that or nothing, as I can't afford the nice pan stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin