Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,959   Posts: 1,558,193   Online: 1169

Shooter
    Multi Format

An F4e (for parts?)

As I disclosed to my FB F4 Users group recently, my F4e (formerly an F4s, for those of you who follow the listings here) recently gave up the ghost. Specifically, the viewfinder display (bottom center of the viewfinder) is no longer visible. The camera is still operational, but metering information is nonexistent. The repair estimate makes repair of the body a nonstarter: the F4 cameras in their various guises are cheaper on ebay than would be the cost of repair. However, after some consideration - I do have some 16 other Nikon bodies in my inventory - I have decided to forgo purchasing a "new" body(yes, I hear now the many telling me the virtues of this particular camera...lol).

My suggestion: buy the camera for the MB23 and convert your F4(s) body to an F4e (you will appreciate the improved ergonomics and balance of this iteration). The body can be used for parts, as a de facto "meter-less" F4, or simply scrapped.

The deal: the MB23 was a $50.00 USD purchase from KEH (EX rating at the time) this last spring. It's up for grabs for a $35.00 donation to APUG; I am only looking to recover shipping costs.

With apologies (I wish the case were not so): Wanting to avoid Customs hassles, the camera will only be shipped to Canadian or US addresses.

Paypal preferred
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    35mm
    you will appreciate the improved ergonomics and balance of this iteration
    Hi Bradley!
    Sorry your F4E has given troubles. I'm going to offer a different perspective.
    Ergonomics are only improved from the MB-21 if you have the earlier model. the later MB-21 has the same finger lip on the grip. The MB-23 is larger, its advantage over the NB-21 is the location of the batteries in one single tray. In vertical shooting I didn't find the MB-23 very balanced as your right hand goes a bit further away from the body due to the MB-23 being taller and heavier.
    But it speeds up battery changes, it is in one single piece and can take a dedicated Ni-Cd pack.
    Good luck for the sale. It is a good price. Unfortunately, you don't post to the UK.
    Fed 2, 4, 5
    Zenit 11, 12XP
    Olympus OM-1N, OM-2N, OM10, OMG
    A bunch of Nikons

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll take it... PM'd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F4e has a new owner, pending payment!
    An assortment of F-series Nikons (F to F6, excluding the F4) with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera shipped 21 August!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin