Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,464   Online: 764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    To be fair on Ilford, the 15x15cm/6x6" filter set is 48 Pounds at Ag Photographic (link), slightly over half the price that I quoted in the above post. And Foto Impex also offer a competitively priced Adox alternative (full grades only).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the info. I knew someone would, correctly, simply say "try them out and see." But I didn't know when I'd get a chance to print again (looks like it will be this coming weekend) and was about to put in a big-ish order so I could have ordered more filters then. I didn't - I also have color printing filters I can use to get magenta if I need higher contrast. My most used filters are 2.5-3.5. I rarely need a 2 or 4, but occasionally will need a softer filter with pushed film or a harder one to rescue an underexposure.

People had mentioned a heat absorbing glass which I do NOT have, and I lay the filters directly atop my D2V condenser, but that would mean the 2-3.5 being my most used filters would be the faded ones, and they look ok.

I think next time I put in an order I'll just get new ones to be sure. Pricey but then I can quit worrying about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardDvorin View Post
    A good thought is to try them out in the darkroom before jumping to any conclusions. That should be revealing.

H
    exactly.why donttest what true isoagrade they deliver now?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If someone wants to send me the calibrated step wedge I might work on that. Otherwise, the best I can do is verify that 4 gives more contrast than 3.5, 4.5 more than 4 etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin