Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,733   Online: 947

Thread: Beseler 45CB7

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 45CB7

I have recently acquired a Beseler 45CB7 and was wondering if anyone has a schematic for the electrical bits of it? Have tried Beseler, but did not get an answer - will try again today. The one I have is US voltage, 60Hz, but has been run on 240V/ 50Hz for the last 40 years! While the motor does emit ozone and run rather fast, the bulb, despite being 120v has never blown... Was wondering whether there is a voltage limiter at work, and where the best place for Beseler parts in Europe is? Otherwise, it is in stunningly good condition, considering what it has put up with...

Cheers,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The normal condenser model (I have a dichroic version) uses a rheostat to control brightness which might be saving your bulb. I suspect a 120-240v transformer would be fine for your use, but 50/60hz difference could make the timer a little less accurate. http://www.glennview.com/beseler.htm has some details, but not a wiring diagram. You might be able to google for a cb7 manual. The wiring isn't complicated and taking the wooden table off it will show you what you need to see.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'd say the same. Take the wooden panel off and you will see the format quite easily. I have one and it has auxiliary plugs all intact and working. I was impressed. Love these as opposed to the MX models. I run a darkroom with L1200's in them and so the beseler I keep for other various uses. Im in Australia so its a 220-240v since I have a conveter/stabiliser. If I bypass that (ie, unplug it...) then I can direct wire to a 110 socket if I were elsewhere (with a change of bulb). Check your bulb.
    Think Negative - Analogue Photographic Arts
    www.thinknegative.com.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young View Post
    if anyone has a schematic for the electrical bits of it?
    From www.jollinger.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the help - my example does not have the timer or the power focus modules, but there is what appears to be a potentiometer mounted on one of the plates, so I will need to open it up and investigate...

Cheers,

Lachlan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin