Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,984   Online: 919

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear holmburgers,

When developing film in trays (or color prints) I program the interval timer my Timex Ironman watch. Mine is quite old, but the newest models that appear to have the appropriate function are designated Ironman Sleek 150-Lap. I keep it in my pocket because the dial flashes along with beeping when you get to the end of a program interval. There's probably a way to turn this off, but as the watch doubles as my travel alarm I find it handy.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an electronic timer that didn't come with an audible feature. I have an electric metronome plugged in to it and can adjust the time of the "clicks" (usually at one second intervals). I can also shut it off as it can drive you crazy while focusing. It really helps when burning or dodging. I got it a number of years ago in a music store.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use my iPhone4 with the Massive Development Chart feature - the timer feature is superb, comes with an audible signal and you can even dial down either the brightness of the display or have it in 'red light' for when you're working in the dark.

I've used it to tray develop 8x10 and 4x5 sheets, as well as all my film.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There appear to be as many ways to accomplish this as there are photographers! A lot of great ideas.

The reed switches sound like a really elegant way to go about this, but a bit advanced for my expertise.

Hey Rick, the timer your desribe with "trip fingers" sounds kind of like what I'm imaging. Can you recall anything more about it?

I see weird timers at antique stores sometimes that apear to have many "tines" arranged around the circumference... I have an inkling about them, but never looked close enough to say for sure.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I use an old Omega CT-40. you can program it for the time, and it beeps every thirty seconds, then the last 15 seconds it beeps continiously so you knoe its the end of the cycle. It also has a metronome function for printing. You see them on ebay sometimes.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    There appear to be as many ways to accomplish this as there are photographers! A lot of great ideas.

The reed switches sound like a really elegant way to go about this, but a bit advanced for my expertise.
    You could totally do it. All you need is a reed switch or three, a battery and a 5V buzzer. Put your reed switches in parallel (so that when the magnet goes near any one reed, you get conduction) and put that lot in series with 5V battery (4 AAs in a holder or a plugpack) and the buzzer. The hardest part by far is mounting the reeds to the front of the gralab neatly and you'll have that problem with any ad-hoc method.

(it's easier than the mains wiring for your UV box!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    You could totally do it.... (it's easier than the mains wiring for your UV box!)
    You don't say... ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin