Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,434   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks again George - you are right no fuses...I took the cover off hoping to find a disconnected or broken wire and discovered two things 1) The "switch" outlet (bottom) is wired to the other outlet (top) in a way that appears that the top only gets power when the bottom outlet has a "switch" plugged into it and is "on"? 2) Neither plug is wired directly with a ground. The ground wire from the wall power goes to the box but neither outlet's ground connections connect to anything - which worries me a little since the 45s is a three pronged device. The old "resistrol" and lamp for this enlarger when it was a conventional condenser set up only had a two prong plug.

So for now, it seems until I figure out the wiring on the enlarger box, I'll just plug the short colorhead wire into an extension cord and into the wall and start making prints! If you do get around to scanning the manual for the 45s and could send it along I'd be most appreciative. I tried to contact Beseler to get a copy or a pdf and they wrote back saying it would cost $75.00!

-mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, I've never seen the version with resistrol setup, the ones I have just have a single convenience outlet. I did come across a picture showing the resistrol and a switch hanging from a short cord which sounds like yours.

Making prints sounds like the best idea

The manual should be in your mail box, if not let me know and I'll try again. The file was rather large so I might have to scan it with different settings.

George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin