Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,582   Online: 1129

Shooter
    35mm

black boarders with photon beard easel

After putting it aside for several years, I started using my photon beard four-blade easel again tonight and tried to make even black boarders with it. I set the spacing for the offset, cut a piece of card stock to fit the size of the print, used the supplied magnets to hold it in place, slid the blades out, and it works! But I sometimes get a thin white line - not always on the same boarder - between the print and the boarder. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like a shadow cast from the thickness of card stock at the edges. Maybe try using a matboard beveling tool around the edges? Or move the easel around to ensure exposure right up to the edge of your card stock.

Shooter
    35mm
    Could be a shadow, but I only get it along one boarder, and not for the entire boarder. It's not at all consistent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The easy way to get black borders is to use a masking card smaller than the space defined by the easel arms. First expose the paper as usual then cover it with the card held down into the lower right corner of the easel format. Blink the room light on and off. Then move the card into the upper left corner of the easel space and blink the room light once more. Normal processing reveals the neat consistent black border.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm
    Maris: Thanks, I'll try that. It seems much easier than fooling with the easel blades.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin