Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,449   Online: 970

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Under The Lens Filter Holder for Valoy II

Does anyone know if a screw filter holder from say the Omega B-22 or other brand will attach and work on the Leitz Valoy. I'm thinking a L bracket type holder would work.

Does anyone like the Valoy over the Ic?
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-26-2012 at 04:29 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The Omega B-22 filter holder does not work. The B-22 assemble is straight. The Valoy needs a L shaped braket.

Is anyone using an under the lens filter holder and could you explain how you fabricated a bracket or found another enlarger part which works with the Valoy?
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I removed the Leitz red filter shipped with the enlarger and fabricated an ""L" bracket out of light aluminum stock. I attached the bracket to a Kodak Polycontrast filter holder. By using a cap screw, nylon lock nut and plastic washer I can adjust the friction so the filter holder is easily swung out of the way when not needed. Let me know if a picture would be of any help.

Images
    This doesn't answer your question directly, but I have a Valoy II and I support the filter under the lens with a holder that attaches to the lens with three screws. Mine came with my Ilford filter set, with the filters in numbered frames.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I tried the a contraption that screws on the lens. It works, kinda but prevents one from seeing apertures. Basically to unelegant to even what to use. Would rather hold the filter in place with my hand.

Off topic:

I bought a Valoy a year ago and just started using it. Do you need the DOORX extention tube? My El Nikkor f/2.8 and Focotar work fine without a DOORX.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm

Just in case you're still wondering

Better late than never, I hope

Beseler filterholder, sacrifying the redfilter and modifying the part that allows the redfilter to go up and down - very easy !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Valoy II black 72.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin