Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,473   Online: 1118

Shooter
    35mm

Wanting advice on my darkroom.

I have collected a large amount of darkroom equipment and I do not have a house to set it up in. I was thinking I may be able to sell the whole lot and getting something I can use. what would you guys do? Also If I decide to sell how mush would you pay for this set-up?...

I have an Omega concept six with el omegar 50mm 3.5, Philips pcs 130 enlarger with extra head, Philips pcs 2000 enlarger in box with extra head and power supply, two Philips pcs 150 control units, 120 and 35mm condensors, extra bulbs, ability to switch to b&w from color, adjustable neg carriers with and without glass, Rodenstock Rodagon 80mm F4, Schneider Componon-s 50mm 2.8, El-Nikkor 50mm 2.8, Gralab 300, Gralab 171, Time-o-light gr-72, Kodak safelight, Premier safelight, 4 paper safes, Omega easel, Watson bulk film loader, Nikor s.s. dev tank two reels, German made one reel s.s. dev tank, Few plastic dev tanks, Ilford multigrade filter set,Kodak polymax filter kit, 1 Ilford 1 Beseler 1 Chromega motor bases, Ilford drums for motor bases 8x11-16x20, Bestwell magna sight, Paterson micro focus finder, as well as beakers, graduates, tongs, trays and chemicals.

Thanks,
    Nigel

And if your interested in getting it from me just shoot me a Pm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Few things

If selling, sell it separately.

What u get is what someone will pay. Prices for darkroom stuff are all over the place.

Lastly, where are you? its going to make a difference! I could be interested in the papersafes if you are UK

Shooter
    35mm
    That all makes sense, and I am about as far from the UK as you can get. Kansas City MO.

Thanks for the reply.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you split it up and sell each piece individually, you'll make a lot more money.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    +1 on splitting it up but some addl comments.

The Concept 6 may be a very hard sell. Not much interest in mid level enlargers with (if it's what I think it is) integrated electronics. However, if the electronics are working, it might be of interest to an existing Concept 6 owner.

The Phillips enlargers might be better off being parted out. It's not too terrible to ship an enlarger head, so there could be nationwide interest. Sometimes the value of the negative holders and lensboards exceed the value of the enlarger itself (a shame).

The lenses, except the Omegar, are all pretty good and should have reasonable value. Though not anywhere near the cost new.

Still a fair amount of interest in motor bases and drums; lots use them for developing sheet film.

Much depends on how much effort (photographing the items, cleaning them up if necessary, listing them, shipping them) you want to go through and how long you're willing to wait for the right buyer. Darkroom stuff sells dirt cheap on Craigslist. But so many of the ads are insipid ("enlarger for sale" - like saying car for sale with no other info) that a properly crafted ad might work.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not become a subscriber and give it a go?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Concept-six enlarger is perfect for temporary DR's you can set up and tear down easily. Lots of folks here do not have permanent set ups for printing or developing. I use half a utility room that has no running water, but I can make dark enough to print and load film into daylight tanks for processing at the kitchen sink. You have a great basic kit, make use of it. If you were to try to sell the outfit, you might be lucky enough to get $100 most likely less. Later on, if you decided to set up a dark room, the gear may not be available. Use it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Guys!

You are convincing me to hold on to it.

I know it would be alot of cash to replace some it when it comes time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Why not become a subscriber and give it a go?
    +1. Please consider subscribing to APUG and then you can sell the items here to a captive market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the others, you wont make much on selling everything, and it would be a hassle to gather it all up later on.

But if you really need the money now, then part it out, no point in carrying all that gear that wont be put to use in awhile. Let someone else with a bit of cash use it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin